Cell phone Reception issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBare52
I've Been Here Awhile

Cell phone Reception issues

I used to have 4G and 5 bars on my Z30.  In the past month, it's dropped to E and 1 bar, or the Emergency option only.  Who moved the tower and why?

I'm between Mt Albert and Sharon Ontario.  Please readjust the tower.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Cell phone Reception issues

Hello @CBare52

Even if the mods on here report to them in the back zit takes weeks or even months at times to fix a issue like that because it could be due to many factors me and you don't have a clue on. Also it's been a known fact and even Rogers has said this many times in the next several weeks and months service may be distributed and or not working properly due to mantiance of the towers and signals. This could also be the reason why it's happening.

Since others have called it in, there isn't much you can do on here. The technicians that fix those DON'T read forums. Hopefully the mods can relate the message to they back end team. But remember, the problem won't be fixed in days. It takes weeks and even months. I know this for sure.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @CBare52

They can't move a tower unless they either tare it down and rebuilt it somewhere else which takes years to do. Also they can't just readjust the tower if only one person is having the issue. They need multiple people claiming the same thing and then see what is going on.

Maybe they are working on the tower and fixing it? Have you checked your sim card and device to see if that is also causing the issue?
CBare52
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't expect them to move the tower.. maybe I wasn't clear... they could readjust the piece on the tower that points in our direction.  Just because I've found a way to mention it, doesn't mean no one else has.  I know others in my area who have tried phoning Rogers, or emailing them about this issue.

My phone works just fine if I leave home and go to Keswick or Newmarket.  It's only when I'm home that it is now not working. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @CBare52

Even if the mods on here report to them in the back zit takes weeks or even months at times to fix a issue like that because it could be due to many factors me and you don't have a clue on. Also it's been a known fact and even Rogers has said this many times in the next several weeks and months service may be distributed and or not working properly due to mantiance of the towers and signals. This could also be the reason why it's happening.

Since others have called it in, there isn't much you can do on here. The technicians that fix those DON'T read forums. Hopefully the mods can relate the message to they back end team. But remember, the problem won't be fixed in days. It takes weeks and even months. I know this for sure.

View solution in original post