Catalog Error #835MC and Random missing channels, New NEXTBox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Catalog Error #835MC and Random missing channels, New NEXTBox 3.0

@dwellsone wrote:

...He said to go into settings, change the display from 1080p to 720p, then back again. Unplug the box for 10 seconds. Then wait for 30 minutes before trying to access ROD or Shomi.

I tried this and it didn't work. I, and others, have highlighted our issues with OD and the 835MC error in the following thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I believe these various steps (like changing formats) to get OD working are no more effective than sacrificing a chicken in front of the 9865. What probably happened here is that the reboot itself "cured" the issue in your area where a patch at the head end or something similar was the actual cure.  My OD is still not working on my 9865 or my 8300HDs.  I now have an open ticket with the Office of the President, since I've been without OD for almost 6 months and "everything" has been tried without effect.  It's still a known issue and that "known issue" on Rogers' end has not been solved in my case (or in the case of quite a few others).

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Tech here - noted this after many,many attempts to correct including changed boxes, zaps and customer calls. This change was then used and proved successful.
Rogers should pass on this information to their sub-contract techs. It would save a lot of time and inconvenience to its customers.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I'm hoping this helps others as I've been experiencing the dreaded On-Demand #835MC error code for over a year with no fix on the horizon, well except for a "We know there is an issue and a fix is in the works.." call to the CS reps.

I got the Nextbox 3.0 and On-Demand didn't work from day 1. I had 2 PVRs in my household and a regular HD Digital box. I had replaced the HD Digital box with the Nextbox but didn't deactivate the HD box (didn't think I had to - important to read below).

So talking with the rep yesterday we were brainstorming the On-Demand issue and he mentioned that I was on a grandfathered plan which may be the issue of On-Demand not working on the NEW NextBox (please note that On-Demand works on ALL the older digital boxes in my house).

Since I only had TVs connected to 3 outlets (my old PVRs and new NextBox 3) I told the rep to deactivate the regular HD box (which wasn't in use) to see if that would help (since I had 4 active units on my account but only needed 3). When I got home that evening...VOILA! On-Demand is now working on the NextBox 3.0!!!!

So to summarize (and hopefully this helps others), try these options:

• On-Demand on the NextBox 3 MAY not work if you have more than 3 units on your account
  • If you have a regular HD box (and not in use) deactive it and see if that helps. Even if it is in use, get the rep to deactive it to see if On-Demand will work on the NextBox 3, and if it does, then the regular HD boxes are the issue (a part of).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was also thinking that the error/issue could also be that I had 4 active digital boxes on my account BUT only 3 boxes connected. So IF the 4th digital box was connected to an outlet, and therefore receiving a signal to/from Rogers, the issue MAY not have happened.

This is not verified. But I thought I would post just in case some are thinking that they can only have a maximum of 3  digital boxes connected.

This would have to be tested to verify as well.