Cartoon Network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cartoon Network

With the loss of Teletoon Retro today (September 1), the word from Corus would be that Cartoon Network would be subbed in place of that channel.  Up until 9:30 am Cartoon Network was available - in SD - on ch. 284, but has since been switched off.

As Teletoon moved all Cartoon Network-created shows to CN (Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.), Rogers customers now do not have access to that programming.  When can we expect to have Cartoon Network available in the lineup?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Cartoon Network

Hi @DBOUTIC617

Rogers is always evaluating new opportunities to introduce new services to our customers. Currently, we are in discussions , please stay tuned for more information on this.

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

O__O ooo... I am interested to know the out come of this as well.

Good point to mention @DBOUTIC617

and Welcome to the Community Forums! :]

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I still get the Cartoon Network in SD on 284. Usually when channels are cut, we see it on our cable bill or in Messages on that page, but my bill is on the 14th of each month, so I only see the last cuts.  Oddly, 284 is in my Rogers Guide, but not in my Zap2it listings for my area.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, Cartoon Network has replaced Teletoon Retro as of today. Sadly, the viewer's guide has not updated this fact, so there's no listing for what shows are on when. It's also only on in SD, which makes no sense to me, unless it's also on in HD on another channel that's not listed. I've also noticed that the time-shifted YTV channel has disappeared from its usual channel as of today as well. The worst part of all of this is that no one at Rogers seems to know what's going on. I called, was transferred to 3 different people, and none of them could give me any information at all, and they all had Teletoon Retro listed as still operating and no info about Cartoon Network.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Since Rogers added Cartoon Network to Rogers and it is only in SD will it be in HD anytime soon? Cause that would be great! 🙂

Highlighted

Good evening @TacoMyBell,

Welcome to the Forums!

I have to agree with you, it would be great! Smiley Wink

Cartoon Network takes up the channel slot formerly held by TELETOON RETRO on channel 284 (68 in Hamilton) bringing absurd, funny programming to Canadian viewers from 9 pm to 6 am ET/PT.

However, we unfortunately do not have any information about it being made available in HD as of yet.

Feel free to submit your request to the Idea Box!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm New Here

Since Teletoon HD programming moved to the new Cartoon Network in SD I've been wondering when Rogers will start carrying Cartoon Network in HD.  Bell Fibe has it, Bell Satellite doesn't.  When can we expect toget our Cartoon Network  programming back in HD?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @steffanwatkins

Welcome to the Community! 

As @RogersMaude mentioned previously, unfortunately we do not have any communication regarding this as of yet. We are keeping an eye out for any communication and will update accordingly :).

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I couldn't find Cartoon network in rogers list of channels

Is it stand alone or in a package ?