Cartoon Network coming to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cartoon Network coming to Rogers?

Meh.. from their lineup.. there is only like.. maybe 5 shows, that are not aired on teletoon or other channels we get already.. and nothing peaks my interest.. so not a big deal here.

jhakkim
I've Been Here Awhile

so I only found out about the CN coming to canada today when I was watching the Avengers on demand and there was a promo for it before the show started.

Why advertise it  on your own ON DEMAND channel if you're not going to make it available??????

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jhakkim wrote:

so I only found out about the CN coming to canada today when I was watching the Avengers on demand and there was a promo for it before the show started.

Why advertise it  on your own ON DEMAND channel if you're not going to make it available??????

Even what is on the on demand, is at the core, a recording of what was aired at that time.

Though often they will inject their own commercials over the other ones.. with ROD, it would be the perfect time to, you would think 😛

RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

At this time we have no specific date as to when Cartoon Network will be available. You'd have to visit Rogers.com for updates on the potential launch/release of this channel in your area.

mayhorace
I've Been Around

Where do we check on Rogers.com

Mr-Stereo
I've Been Here Awhile

I for one am getting tired of Rogers adding pointless channels and ignoring the big name ones. ABC family still hasn't been added nearly a year after it's launch. Now Cartoon Network-a channel available in nearly 130 countries around the world and just celebrated it's 20th anniversary in the US-and Rogers ignores it like it's unimportant. but somehow the multi cultural channels, travel and sports channels are big draws?  They get Cartoon network in Thailand for crying out loud!
Okay-so as part of a family who's had cable in their home since the early 70's - and has been a loyal Ottawa Cable/McLean-Hunter/Rogers Cable customer for decades, it's time for them to give back.  I want a definitive answer to when both ABC Family and Cartoon Network will be added by Rogers by the end of July-and I want tha launch date to be before the end of September or I'm going to find another provider. I tried phoning for an answer. I was not rude, nor did I yell.  When I asked to speak to someone who could give me an answer-they hung up on me.   I I'm paying $330 bucks a month for cable, phone & internet. I deserve to be treated with some respect and being given the runaround with a legitimate question - especially for a LONG TIME VALUED CUSTOMER is distrespectful and uncalled for.  
I do hope some of you do agree to support these terms as well. 
(P.S. this message being taken down will mean the immediate cancelation of my Rogers service. I will not be censored by a business that "I" pay to provide me with a service-which they're failing to do.

reidjr
I Plan to Stick Around

What some see as important others don't now with that said yes it would be nice to have Abc Spark but no matter the company you go to its the same sort of issues.

Wireless_Roamer
I Plan to Stick Around

Well that rant got you far! No response from Rogers? Tired of Canadian content laws and only a few service providers to chose from to provide TV service here in Canada. Time to go back to Direct TV!

reidjr
I Plan to Stick Around

Its not a canadian issue if we did not have the crtc we would still have the same issues you would not see all types of channels appear.
R102
I Plan to Stick Around

The Channel came out 2 Years ago on July 4th 2012.

Even Bell has the channel alot of people are switching to bell because they also have Nick HD. Cartoon network/HD/On demand

yet rogers doesnt even have the channel itself