Carrier Settings Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djones1475
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Carrier Settings Upgrade

I was saving that as a last resort. 

Thanks

djones1475
I've Been Here Awhile

Settings are all correct. Bluetooth cuts out from time to time as well. 

Frustrated!!

thanks for your suggestions. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @djones1475

Might as well try it and see if that will fix it. Your other option is setting up a a appointment with Genuis at Apple and have them check it out for u.
Can0nfan
I Plan to Stick Around

@poochgirl

What Rogers Bloatware? This is iPhone not android. Only Android allows carrier to bake in Bloatware.
Can0nfan
I Plan to Stick Around

It's sent by Rogers to fix/update stuff your phone can do on their network

Always safe to do
2Marc
I've Been Here Awhile

I had an unlocked iPhone 4 and after accepting carrier updates, the phone would no longer accept a US sim card. I now have a 5S and an afraid that if I do the carrier update I it will again be locked to Rogers
Is this true or not
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @2Marc

Have you contracted Apple to see if its a factory unlocked model? No factory unlocked model should lock to a carrier.
nyk0n
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmixx is right if it was unlocked by factory or by Rogers, carrier settings won't relive your phone. It sounds like it was unlocked by more nefarious methods
2Marc
I've Been Here Awhile

This was a couple of years ago, I took the phone to Apple in the US, they did a hard reset took it back to the original version of IOS then upgraded on their network. This fixed it

Long and short is there should be no issues if I accept the carrier updates.

Marc
MKnox
I've Been Around

I haven’t done the update yet and currently have cell service where I didn’t before. Like, around the corner from my house vs. 2Km down the road. I’m on a prepaid plan with my iPhone 5. We gerally don’t have as wide a sevice area as monthly payers. My husband has a Blckbrry the carrier alao being Rogers through his work and he has service at our house. I’m assuming the smaller service area is to get more people over to monthly plans. I’m afraid if I do update the settings I’ll go back to my even smaller service area. Any thoughts?