cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captivate bad battery?

CanuckMackem
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a GalaxyS running Froyo and my battery life is terrible.  I have turned off all widgets and background apps (twitter etc) but I still only get about 5 hours battery life.  Do you think I have a bad battery?

Thanks in advance....

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Captivate bad battery?

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around

Is that five hours use time or standby with screen off? These phones are only rated for 5 hours of use.http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

Go into your phone dialer screen, and type in *#*#4636#*#* and go into battery information. it will tell you your battery health.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around

Is that five hours use time or standby with screen off? These phones are only rated for 5 hours of use.http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

Go into your phone dialer screen, and type in *#*#4636#*#* and go into battery information. it will tell you your battery health.

BuckMacklin
I'm a Reliable Contributor

That is a really good tip.   There is a lot of information inside there.  Very cool.

The reason why the batteries don't last very long is that the Captivate is really multi tasking.  I prefer that over limited or no multi tasking.

Check out ebay... batteries and other accesories are very cheap.

Daniel1
I Plan to Stick Around

The battery on my phone had been pretty bad recently so I did some searching online about solutions. Apparently the screen is so good that brighter colours take up much more power. I changed my background from a bright one to a dark one and Ive had the best battery life so far. Like 7 hours and still at 30% - which is good in my books

CanuckMackem
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, thanks

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation