Cannot set up automatic payments from Tangerine

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nympha
I've Been Here Awhile

Cannot set up automatic payments from Tangerine

Hi - I am trying to set up automatic payments to pay my Rogers account from my Tangerine bank account. The Tangerine bank account numbers are 10-digits long and on the myRogers site, it only allows for a 7-digit account number. I have talked to support and they told me to talk to my bank - not really sure what for. Nobody seems to know how to rectify this. I can't believe I am the first person to want to pay their Rogers account from a Tangerine bank account. Please help!

***** Edit Labels****

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cannot set up automatic payments from Tangerine

Hm.. Not sure, never set it up for auto withdrawl/payment FROM rogers. (I am guessing it can be done)

Personally, i dont like that, just for the fact it would then withdrawl, before i had a chance to fully check the bill, etc for any problems, etc.

You should be able to set up ON your tangerine side, a payment option there, to as a payee

nympha
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree with you, I would like the opportunity to review the bill before I pay it but...oh well. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats what i am saying..

Pay it FROM your online banking, and gives you the time to review the bill, then pay it from there.

You usually just need to find the payee in your online banking, and enter in your account number there.

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

nympha:

I pay my Rogers bill online from my bank account. I'm with Scotiabank and believe Tangerine is some kind of Scotiabank spin-off. I have 2 Rogers account numbers. One is very old and is 12 digits long. Somewhere along the way, Rogers consolidated my services into an account called Wireless, which is only 9 digits long. Scotiabank accepts the 9 digit account number under Rogers Wireless as the payee.

Are you certain that your Tangerine bank account number is 10 digits? That does not sound right to me. If it's a chequing account, it should look something like this: branch transit number = 5 digits, chequing account number = 7 digits. When you look at your chequing account number online, it will probably show all 12 digits. The branch transit number should be ignored. If you have cheques, you'll see what I mean. I guess it's possible that Tangerine is different, but all Canadian banks that I've ever dealt with have the chequing account structure that I mentioned.

ronley
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in a similar boat, with a slightly different problem. I only want to pay my Rogers bill on a one time basis through my online banking. But when I attempt to add Rogers as a payee, Tangerine automatically lists about 10 different Rogers entities, none of which say "Rogers Wireless". The closest option is "Rogers Cable TV", but that can't be it.

Does anyone who uses Tangerine know which Rogers entity to select in order to pay their wireless bill?

Thanks.

Rob

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Both RBC and TD gives me these payees:

9 of 9 possible payee matches for 'ROGERS':
ROGERS (WIRELESS, HOME PHONE)
ROGERS BANK-MASTERCARD
ROGERS BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
ROGERS CABLE TV (12 DIGITS)
ROGERS DATA CENTRES INC.
ROGERS INSURANCE LTD.
ROGERS INSURANCE NORTH LTD
ROGERS MEDIA
ROGERS PAYGO

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
ronley
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I was able to figure it out. At first I only searched "Rogers", but I didn't see "Rogers Wireless" in my list of potential entities on Tangerine until I tried typing out in full "Rogers Wireless".

For anyone else with Tangerine, just type "Rogers Wireless" and you'll see "ROGERS WIRELESS SERVICE" in the payee list.

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I can add a little clarification this issue to assist anyone else having any problems.

Any Rogers customer can potentially have two account numbers. If you only have Cable TV, Internet, or both, then you'll have a 12-digit account number on your bill, and the payee that you should be looking for is Rogers Cable.

If you add Home Phone, or Wireless service (or if you only have those services by themselves) you'll have a 9-digit account number and the payee that you're looking for is Rogers Wireless.

It's easy to get confused, especially if you cancel a wireless or home phone service after the billing has been consolidated. You should always go by the account number on the front of your bill.

Also, if you make a payment to the 12-digit account number when you have consolidated service, the payment will still register, but you won't see it usually until the bill prints because it will take time for the payment to transfer over. However if you make it on the 9 digit account, you should see the payment as soon as it posts to the account.

rwe
I've Been Around

Very useful, thanks!