Cannot see Golftown emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Cannot see Golftown emails

Emails from Golftown do not show in Rogers Yahoo email on my Win 7 laptop. I have tried Chrome (with plugins enable and disabled) and in IE 11. All I see is a blank screen. They are fine on my iPhone and my wife's iPad in Yahoo mail. Any suggestions? Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Cannot see Golftown emails

You're not the only one having this problem. It's caused by the language code GolfTown is using to create their messages (W.Europe - Windows 1252) that's not automatically recognized by Yahoo. If GolfTown would use the Universal Language code Unicode UTF-8 it would solve the problem. But they would rather blame Yahoo for the problem rather than fix it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm, must be a way the page is rendering the HTML in the email.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

You're not the only one having this problem. It's caused by the language code GolfTown is using to create their messages (W.Europe - Windows 1252) that's not automatically recognized by Yahoo. If GolfTown would use the Universal Language code Unicode UTF-8 it would solve the problem. But they would rather blame Yahoo for the problem rather than fix it.

View solution in original post