Cannot make/receive calls and text

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cannot make/receive calls and text

Hi,

I have a Galaxy S3 and registered 'Pay as you go' couple of weeks ago.

After registering the prepaid plan, everything was totally fine.

Four or five days later, suddenly, I could not make any calls or receive calls and even texting as well

But, I am ONLY able to call *225 to check my balance of my plan.

I already did pulling the battery and SIM card but it did not work.

I have been waiting for more than two weeks to fix this, but it still does not working.

Thanks in advance.

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot make/receive calls and text

Hi @goodday,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I understand you're no longer able to make or receive calls and text , so far you have tried pulling the battery and SIM card. What happens when you try calling out and what are callers hearing on their end when they try to call you? I would suggest trying a process of elimination by testing your SIM card in another Rogers device (friends, relative or Rogers store if possible), this will remove your phone from the mix. Then it will tell us if it's phone related, SIM related or something to do with the account. If it's with the SIM you'll need to swap out the SIM card, if it's to do with the account we can reach out to you via PM to look into the account for you.

Please let us know,
RogersArthur

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot make/receive calls and text

Hi @goodday,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I understand you're no longer able to make or receive calls and text , so far you have tried pulling the battery and SIM card. What happens when you try calling out and what are callers hearing on their end when they try to call you? I would suggest trying a process of elimination by testing your SIM card in another Rogers device (friends, relative or Rogers store if possible), this will remove your phone from the mix. Then it will tell us if it's phone related, SIM related or something to do with the account. If it's with the SIM you'll need to swap out the SIM card, if it's to do with the account we can reach out to you via PM to look into the account for you.

Please let us know,
RogersArthur

View solution in original post