cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot contact Rogers on any platform or phone number

Emusselman
I've Been Here Awhile

I just noticed that my bill is much higher than normal for no apparent reason. 

I called Rogers to find out why and have it fixed but ended up remaining on hold for  an hour and forty five minutes, after which the call was disconnected on their end.

When I tried calling back, I got an instant busy signal (the same signal after multiple tries, and every phone number I could find for Rogers).

Next I tried the live chat, which told me that there are no available operators.

Now I am here and I just want to know what is going on.

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot contact Rogers on any platform or phone number

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Emusselman

Due to higher then expected wait times for the new plan that was brought out, the live chat has been turned off and the wait times can exceed 2+ hrs to speak to someone over the phone.

You can try @CommunityHelps and see what they can do but i will warn u that it may be longer then expected for them too.

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106

Rogers Phone Lines are Down?

1.5hour wait yesterday and now the 1-888- ROGERS1 and 1-855-381-7834 lines are down.

What is going on Rogers??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Emusselman

Due to higher then expected wait times for the new plan that was brought out, the live chat has been turned off and the wait times can exceed 2+ hrs to speak to someone over the phone.

You can try @CommunityHelps and see what they can do but i will warn u that it may be longer then expected for them too.

Blaver
I've Been Around
System bogged down from 60 dollar 10 gig plan. Everyone wants to switch no term

Emusselman
I've Been Here Awhile
thanks man, sounds like I just picked the wrong day to have an issue.

Emusselman
I've Been Here Awhile
Ok thanks

kfk
I've Been Around

I have tried all threir lines all fast busy also get on demand server is having trouble

michaelgeller
I've Been Here Awhile
Nothing has been solved here I can't even call tech support my internet is down and all I get is a busy signal or a message about rogers being unexpectedly closed

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kfk

Yes their systems are down at the moment due to this. So sadly u will be stuck

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @michaelgeller

That is because of the system wide issue they are having. They servers and systems are crashing due to this no term plan that came out and thousands if not millions are flooding the call lines for it which in return causes the system to fail.

michaelgeller
I've Been Here Awhile
Ok this shouldn't be marked as solved. I'm trying to get in touch with support to adress my internet outage all I get is a busy signal.

Sorry man, I marked it solved cause I got an answer on why the phone lines are fast busy. I get it tho, my issue isn't actually solved and neither is yours.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @michaelgeller
This was marked solved by the OP because of the issue THEY are incurring about on their post. So it was marked solved for that matter.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Emusselman

You do not need to be sorry. You marked it solved as u made this post and got the answer u were looking for or needed.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys

" Update 18/12/17 2:30pm: After receiving reports that support services were down, MobileSyrup investigated and encountered busy tones or messages telling us to call again later at Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido, Virgin Mobile and Freedom Mobile. It’s unclear when this will clear up. MobileSyrup has reached out to the carriers.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Canadian carriers say response to $60/10GB promos has been overwhelming [Update]

JordanChowsen
I've Been Around

I was on hold for 2 hours and 5 minutes and then Rogers hung up on me.... Beyond frustrated.. The same thing happened to me yesterday.  If we wait and call back tomorrow he $60 deal will no longer be applicable I assume?  I have called 35 times since then and just get the busy tone. I've been a long time customer and I am at the tipping point of switching carriers. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @JordanChowsen

Pleas read below. Many carriers are now having this issue.

" Update 18/12/17 2:30pm: After receiving reports that support services were down, MobileSyrup investigated and encountered busy tones or messages telling us to call again later at Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido, Virgin Mobile and Freedom Mobile. It’s unclear when this will clear up. MobileSyrup has reached out to the carriers.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Canadian carriers say response to $60/10GB promos has been overwhelming [Update]

Mtmouse
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, I can understand (maybe) why the phones are busy and maybe Live Chat, but I don't understand why I can't make the changes through MyRogers...that takes no human interaction.

The only reason Rogers would shut that down is so people can't take advantage of the deal. You would think that a company that had a net income of $1,481,000,000 last year would be able to invest a little in the website and customer service.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mtmouse

The plan is only able to be added by customer service. That is how Rogers wanted it to be added. If they let everyone do it online, their website would fail and crash causing the whole website to be shut off and customer service once again be flooded by customers. In the end, the same fail would happen. No matter what route they took. 

lets put it this way. When a iPhone gets launched, on launch day the systems at the store and online flood and shut down due to it. That is a few thousands trying to get the phone. Now try more then those thousands trying to do the same thing online with the plan and at store level and over the phone. The whole system would fail and shut down causing kaos and or major issues. 

So in the end as i said it would go to same route and would be down either way. 

If you think Rogers did it for that then you are a bit wrong there.

Mtmouse
I Plan to Stick Around

If that crashes their website, then they obviously haven't invested in a properly designed website.

JwA
I'm Here A Lot

I am one of the many people attempting to take advantage of the offered 10gb for $60; however, cannot seem to get through by any means to Rogers.

I would be happy to wait in the apparently extremely long queue, except I cannot seem to even get into the lineup. All Rogers phone numbers are going to busy signal, the MyRogers Portal gives me an error message (see image), onlineChat is entirely offline, no one is responding to @RogersHelps twitter. 

choose_plan.png

Is there anything I can do to make sure I get this promotion before it expires at Midnight? Will Rogers be extending the length of the promotion? Will I get totally screwed over?

Topic Stats