Cannot connect with my ZTE Rocket Stick

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cannot connect with my ZTE Rocket Stick

I went into Rogers yesterday and told them I wished to activate a rocket stick I used 2 yrs ago for my laptop.

I was given a new sim card. Got home. Stick would not activate. Went back today and the person told me they needed to register a number on the back of the stick into their computer. Got home. Still does not work. Called tech support. He thought I might have to download new software for the stick. Is this the case and where do I find the appropriate software. Thanks in advance.

Rogers is pathetic. There is no customer care.

*** Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot connect with my ZTE Rocket Stick

Hello pricepl,

The latest software can be found via the following link:

https://your.rogers.com/web_auth/techsupport.asp

If you do have anymore issues you can chat live with a Rogers Wireless Live chat support agent via this link www.rogershelp.com/btsc using a alternative Internet connection.

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

Re: Cannot connect with my ZTE Rocket Stick

@pricepl wrote:

I went into Rogers yesterday and told them I wished to activate a rocket stick I used 2 yrs ago for my laptop.

I was given a new sim card. Got home. Stick would not activate. Went back today and the person told me they needed to register a number on the back of the stick into their computer. Got home. Still does not work. Called tech support. He thought I might have to download new software for the stick. Is this the case and where do I find the appropriate software. Thanks in advance.

Rogers is pathetic. There is no customer care.

If 2 years ago I'm assuming your using the ZTE MF636. As far as an update there is definitely one available at the website already posted. However the following information would be needed for assistance here:

Windows or Mac?

What version of Operating System (XP, Vista, etc)?

Is the stick detected by the computer?

When you say its not activating are you seeing a light on the stick?

Has the Connection Manager been installed? Is it showing signal?

With this information I'm sure we can provide some more information for you.

Cheers