Cannot connect BIS on MTN Ghana

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cannot connect BIS on MTN Ghana

I just bought a Rogers Blackberry 9810, and I want to use it on MTN Ghana network, but I cannot activate my BIS. I can browse using the browser but other apps cannot connect. Anybody with a suggestion to resolve this please?

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Cannot connect BIS on MTN Ghana

Just because a phone is unlocked does not mean it will work on any network.  It must be programmed to use certain frequencies and if the carrier you're attempting to use it on works on different frequencies than what the phone is programmed for, the phone won't work.

You'll need to confirm which frequencies MTN Ghana uses and ask them to check if your phone is compatible with those frequencies.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Cannot connect BIS on MTN Ghana

Could be that the data plan you are subscribed to does not include access to the Blackberry services. For instance if you have an iPhone Data Plan with Rogers you normally can browse the Internet but BB Services will not work.

As for frequences, if he can connect to the Browser for data then frequency isn't the issue.