cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

oper8
I've Been Here Awhile

I can longin to MyRogers site but when I select "Account Overview" in order to see my services I get the following message:

Sorry, we're unable to retrieve your services details at the moment. Please chat with a Care Representative for assistance.

I went to chat and called support several times but nobody told me what is the problem. I tried several browsers and diferrent computers but got the same message. This CLEARLY a problem from My Rogers portal since the site was upgraded. Can anyone tell me when will this be fixed ?

***Edited Labels***

528 REPLIES 528

Re: Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jimboden Yes, you and I do appear to think alike.  I see you are a resident expert - must be very frustrating having that title and watching all of this stuff.

I have a relative who does high level implementations for a major bank, as well, my daughter has also done major web implementations of the online banking for a major bank.  Myself, I have managed client information systems and reporting systems for funding and accountability of health care services to a small agency (about 5000 patients/clients per year).

Like banking, in my line of work, I could not afford to have things go wrong - And yes, we always had a rollback plan ready to go if something major came along, although we had always done pilot testing on test platforms using real users to try out the new systems, and if they said it would impact their ability to provide quality health care, we did not go forward.  So when I read they have tested extensively, I am left with the view that their idea of testing is certainly not my view of quality implementation and testing.  Their only risk though is lost customers, which should concern them, in my case, it could be live and death issues in some cases, or significant deteriation in the quality of services to patients if I negatively impacted the clinicians and managers ability to integrate systems into their clinical work.

So, yes, we do think the same way - and yes my standards of good implemenation are high - they had to be.  I can accept lower standards, there is nothing life or death as an individual, the solution is just to move on, but I have only been placed in that situation once.  I just want to enjoy the use of my services. So as I said, I can deal with a lower standard on implementation, in that no implementation goes perfectly, but some of these have been disasters, and it seems that there is no turning back once they go forward.

Bruce

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I guess I'm lucky in that everything I need from Rogers is working for me, View cable bills, View PayGo history and Manage PVR, all without anymore jiggerypokery like deleting cookies and history. (Well, except just now had to fix Firefox for remembering my username instead of my email address for Managa PVR.)  I'm also not plagued by Navigatr because I have an SA8300HD.

But having gone through a lot of grief in the past I can fully apprerciate problems others are having and don't for a second disbelieve them. Getting account information, viewing and managing your PVR recordings should be idiot proof, not something requiring a degree in computer engineering. I recently read an older article about the Toyota unintended acceleration problem  It was hypothesized that the failsafe safeguards in the ECU code failed to work because of "Spaghetti Code".  There were millions upon millions of lines of code, too much to go through, so patches were applied on top of patches without finding or fixing the root cause. I'm thinking the same problem exists in the Rogers website and Navigatr code. Not sufficient quality control from the beginning and hasty patches on top of patches by people who really don't know what customers want.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

carenyu
I've Been Here Awhile

my roger account sign in problem

it always display

Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!

i can not reach my account for serveral months, i tried from my computer, notebook, ipad, samsung note2, it is the same answer.

I have had a similar experience. Most days I'm unable to access my account information, my billing information online has not matched my paper bill that I receive.

I've tried to view online details of my cellular phone usage and have not been able to access a list of telephone calls or text message information (to/from which numbers, length of time, etc). There was only 1 month where this information was available to me.

I also recently had the Smart Home Monitoring installed in my home and have had problems with using the application, it just keeps buffering and will often not load at all. I have cameras included with my security system and some of the rules I've added have caused problems with the system getting "stuck" and when they do I then stop receiving my notifications on my phone. Because I've been getting the same error message about the information being temporarily unavailable I haven't been able to go to the security web site and look at the footage from my cameras that was taken while I was away.

I've also had problems with my visual voice mail on my cellular phones. It will show that I have a message but I can not listen to it because it is greyed out. After speaking with Rogers tech support on a few occasions the voice mail issue seems to resolve itself.

Is anyone else having a similar problem or is there a Rogers representative that could help or give some insight with these problems?

Thanks in advance.

@OLDYELLR

It's getting close to 3 weeks now and I still can't get into my account. I guess they must have rocket scientists working on it. I think they need to attach a booster rocket to get up to speed.Smiley Tongue

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

@BS

You've done a lot of interesting things in your career. I could tell a lot of stories on here, but will refrain. I'll just mention one, as you referred to Nortel. I did a project with Nortel back when its stock was at $120. I was a contract project manager for a company which specializes in pensions and benefits and Nortel was a new account for them. I worked with Nortel people all around the world via phone calls and emails. They contracted to the third party for a system which allowed their employees to subscribe to a benefit plan that required an IVR for them to call in and manage their transactions. It also required a back end system to deal with the transactions. At that time, Nortel had over 100,000 employees. The project had a "drop dead" completion date, which I like to refer to as right to left scheduling. My responsibility, other than working with Nortel, was to assemble a project team consisting of people with different skill sets who worked for the third party company that was responsible for the implementation. There were many sceptics who thought the deadline was too aggressive and we wouldn't be able to make it on time.

It was my job to make sure it came in on time and budget, and it did. Nortel senior management were so pleased at the success of the project that they took most of the project participants from Nortel, plus me from the third party company, on a Caribbean cruise. We all received an outstanding achievement award and a cash reward while we were on the ship. We had a great time on the cruise and I finally got to meet most of the Nortel people with whom I had worked on the project.

It was very sad to see what eventually happened to Nortel.

Tried signing in to My Rogers today on my iPhone. Unlike on Windows, I can see some account info, including my current balance, next billing date, and my wireless statistics. Still no statistics for TV or internet, though. There is an option to link an account but, thankfully, unlike on Windows, it doesn't pop up asking me to do anything.

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@jimboden   ... Is your reminiscence above a hint for Rogers management  to encourage better productivity in the help or for the employees as a carrot of what might be if they get at it and fix it  ?  Smiley LOL

@barndoor wrote:

@jimboden   ... Is your reminiscence above a hint for Rogers management  to encourage better productivity in the help or for the employees as a carrot of what might be if they get at it and fix it  ?  Smiley LOL

@barndoor

No, I was just relating my experience with 1 project because Nortel was mentioned. The Nortel project was not even close to some other projects I've done. I was responsible for implementing the first national SNA network in bank branches a long time ago. It was done to get branches prepared for installation of newer technology terminals.

The largest project I ever worked on started when the CEO of the bank where I worked asked one of his executives what would happen if someone dropped a bomb on its Toronto computer centre, because there was only one. It turned into a disaster recovery/contingency study, which recommended building a second computer centre. The recommendation was approved by the board and I was seconded to head up the project. From there, I worked with many other divisions in the bank to acquire property, appoint architects and engineers, and run a bunch of sub-projects to bring everything together. From beginning to end, the project took roughly 18 months until a fully operational computer centre was standing and ready for operations people to assume responsibility. Part of being ready included proven disaster recovery plans and redundant connections between the 2 computer centres. The second one was also given a permanent work load so it wasn't just sitting around waiting for disaster to happen. The project was worth about $48 million on completion. I like to joke that the project was where I got my first grey hairs. The Vice President of the operations group liked how I dealt with the project and worked closely with his staff to make it happen. Not long after the project completed, I landed a very senior position in his operations department.

I've already said a lot in PM's and on the forums about what I think of how Rogers fails big time when it comes to dealing with changes to their systems.

ajbear1
I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I just wanted to know why Rogers stop displaying the images of the product you have own on their new interface. On the old webpage, the cell phones would show up as an actual image, but now it has a default gray image. Same goes for Internet Box/TV Box.

Also, the home phone page hasn't been updated either. It still uses the old interface.

Is this how it will always stay or is the new pages still in Beta mode and will be updated in the future?

Thanks.

vanggg
I've Been Around
I also have the same problem for the past 3 months, I had an old pay as you go account linked so maybe that's the problem, someone form rogers please help me fix this thanks.

Good evening @vanggg!

Thank you for you post Smiley Wink

We would love to reach out to you via Private Message, to resolve the issue you are currently experiencing with your online profile.

I'm confident we will have the ability to rectify this matter for you, however, we will need to gain access to your account.

Please keep an eye on your Forums inbox, as we will be sending you a PM from @CommunityHelps!

RogersMaude

eileenyu
I Plan to Stick Around
Been about a month for me. I still cannot access MyRogers page. All I get is this message:

"Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!"

@carenyu@eileenyu

I would like to look into the issues you're having when trying to sign into rogers.com.

Addressing the issues you’ve described involves accessing your accounts. I’m going to send you both a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

RogersMay

@rude19

Hello and welcome to the Forums 🙂

You mentioned in your previous post you were in the process of migrating to a business plan, could you be getting the error because the consumer-regular account number is no longer active?

We also have a My Rogers self-serve for business you may want to register for after the transitioning is complete, I've included the link below.

https://www.rogers.com/business

Please feel free to private message us @CommunityHelps if you require further assistance.

RogersMay

@Galadrien

Welcome to the Community Forums!

For detailed usage inquiries you may find our How To: post helpful in walking you through how to locate your usage information on rogers.com. Please note for text messages we only list how many were sent/received but not an actual break down of the phone numbers associated.

As for Smart Home Monitoring, not being able to access rogers.com could interfere with your services.

I would like to take a look on the account and help troubleshoot the errors you are getting.

Please look out for a private message from @CommunityHelps.

RogersMay

carenyu
I've Been Here Awhile
Yiu are lucky, since its website updated i never login successfully. I have tried on my computer, notebook, ipad, iphone, sumsung note2, never login again, i am considering to switch to other service.

ayinling
I've Been Around

Hi,

MyRogers account has also been displaying this message : "Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!"   I have an old account for a number with a plan but switched over to pay-as-you-go over a year ago. Can somone help with this? I had no problem last month checking my account. 

Ben8
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers techsupport just emailed me a temporary password, then as soon as I log-in to MyRogers, I'm asked to set my new Password (no other options) and when I press 'Continue' I get this:  "Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!"

Please help - thanks.

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @ayinling and @Ben8,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Can you please try clearing cache and data for your browser, restart the browser and see if it works?

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

lorne2
I've Been Here Awhile

I need to change my billing info, but every time I log in for the past month I get the following message.

"Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!"

It seems that your website needs to be fixed. I'd appreciate you looking into this.

Thanks,
Lorne