Cannot Reinstall ROP

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaysond
I've Been Around

Cannot Reinstall ROP

Hi

I recently had a problem where my ROP would give me a message saying that it had not been used for more than 30 days and needed to be validated, which I found odd since I use my service everyday. I tried to mess with the settings to get it to work, with no success. I then uninstalled ROp from my computer. Thinking that re installing it would work. When I went to get ROP again, it would download the service point software, but fail to download everytime. I've tried every direction to download ROP from my install cds to the Rogers website, turning off windows firewall, but again no success. I would appreciate any help on this matter as it just seems odd that I cannot reinstall  Rogers online protection back on my computer.

Thanks

Jay

***Edited Labels.***

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cannot Reinstall ROP

If I were you, I would make sure that ROP is completely uninstalled on your computer and then stay right away from it. There are a number of threads in this topic already dealing with ROP and how bad it is. There are also a number of recommendations as to available free programs that you can download to replace ROP!

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Make sure its fully uninstalled, then use something better.

Avast is about 15x better.

MSE is about 20x better..

MichelR

@Ressy wrote:

Make sure its fully uninstalled, then use something better.

Avast is about 15x better.

MSE is about 20x better..

Alright, as Ressy pointed out, forget ROP.

I'd steer clear of Avast - I'm getting more and more reports of problems with that one (life of being a techie and people having your phone number...)  I have little experience with MSE, but I've heard much more good than bad.

I'm currently using the free Comodo Internet Security Premium suite: http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php (as I've mentioned somewhere else, my only real complaint about it is that running a full scan is slow.)

Ressy

I do tech support on the WoW boards, and Avast has begun to trigger Warden (Blizzard's anticheat, antimalware program), crashing the game client..  Easy fix is to either have it ignore the WoW folder, or ignore specific wow-related .exe files.  Other than that, Avast is pretty decent for a free Antivirus.

Its still better than ROP.

Stay away from AVG if you play wow.  AVG is psychotic, and loves to crash wow constantly.

MSE is nice in that it doesn't crash wow, even with its own antimalware built in.  I like it because its one of only a few avs that detect the Alureon/TLD rootkit, which is really hitting wow users hard.  If MSE flags it, its then easy to run TDSSKiller which'll remove it..

Norton/Symantec's annoying with their new Sonar - if something's only been downloaded by a Norton user a few times, it'll flag, and block the download completely, leading to a ton of false positives.  Its annoying in that you have to disable Sonar completely to download something you WANTED to download, and thats clean.

MichelR

I used Norton Internet Security before switching to Comodo, and that Sonar thing only mentioned that it had not be downloaded by a lot of people.  It has never blocked one of my downloads.  Maybe there's a setting for that(?)