Cannot Download Attatchments via Rogers Yahoo E-mail.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cannot Download Attatchments via Rogers Yahoo E-mail.

Hello everyone.

Surpisingly to me a lot of people seem to be having problems with the new Rogers Yahoo interface like me. Oddily enough most of the features people are having trouble with seem to work fine on my end. One feature that is giving me trouble though is attatchments in incoming messages. When I try to download them to my computer the onboard Norton anti-virus scans the file for a second and then just does nothing.At first I thought it was a conflict with my computers anti-virus programs (I use AVG and Malwarebytes), so I temporarily disabled those programs and tried again. No luck at the problem continues to occur.

I tried contacting Yahoo but since my e-mail is under Rogers I had to go to them. Odd though since it is Yahoo's servers and website right? I hope some of you can help me figure out what is going on so I don't have to forward all my attatchment bearing e-mails to another e-mail service just to get the attatchment.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cannot Download Attatchments via Rogers Yahoo E-mail.

I am away for the weekend (on mobile now), but when I get home I will check mine to see if I am having issues as well.... See if it is something just on your end (say with your av as you may think)

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply Gdkitty. I actually managed to figure out a interim solution until either Rogers or Yahoo fix the bugs of their new layout. I was getting a bit annoyed by the new conversation system that has been implemented and turned it off. I tried to see if I could access attatchments again and it worked flawlessly. Very strange but my problem has been fixed now. Smiley Happy I hope the rest of the  problems people have been having with the new e-mail pages are rectified soon.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's odd. But a few people have had some weird issues when the conversation thing was on. Turning off fixed it.
Seems to work fine on mine... So far.

I sometimes wonder if my email is so stable since its so old Smiley Tongue had it since the Rogers wave beta days, a good 18 years ago

I've Been Here Awhile

Yahoo cannot open or down load an attachment - ANY attachment - I am using an up to date Firefox version. It just spins and spins.

Pages are really slow to load as well - since Yahoo changed everything for the worst...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Mine seems to be working.. mostly.. in IE10/11.

small picture poped the download dialog up fine when i clicked the download link for it.

For a PDF attachment... it worked.. eventually.  It was an about 2m pdf... when i clicked on it to download.. nothing really right away.
Thought didnt work.. whent to go to another email.. THEN it poped up the dialog.. like it was still working/download/scanning it in the background for a min before it poped up.

I've Been Around

Hi,

I have the same problem with not being able to open attachments. I tried to turn off the conversation thing too but the save option was grayed out so I wasn't able to change it.

Any ideas why I wasn't able to save the change?

Thanks,

Linda

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing I notice on my father in laws, with a bigger than 1mb attachment, it took a good almost 1 min for it to actually pop up the IE save dialog box.... Likely doing some form of scanning or downloading on Rogers end before the prompt.

@linda
You getting a particular message?

I've Been Here Awhile

A few posts back rob cavanagh mentioned you shut off the conversation so you could solve your download problem.. How did you shut it off

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Click on the cogwheel in the right top corner.

Go to settings

Under email settings, uncheck the conversations box there.