Cancelling a spotify subscription

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Cancelling a spotify subscription

I need to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium which I got from Rogers. However, there is no such option on Rogers website. Customer support in the call centre advised me to do it from Spotify, but Spotify sends me back to my broadband provider, which is Rogers. Since Rogers includes the charges for Spotify in its bill, and provided the subscription, I strongly believe that Rogers should be able to cancel it. I've just lost several hours of my time trying to figure this out, still with no result!

There is NO button or any part of a menu which allows you to cancel your Spotify subscription on MyRogers website, and Customer support is also helpless!

Hello @spitfireSD,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

I know how much of an annoyance it can be trying to cancel a subscription when there is no option available to you and both Spotify and the representatives you spoke to at Rogers aren't able to assist you.

We have received a Private Message from you and we will need to gain access to your account information to see whats going on and to escalate a ticket to fix this if required. We await your response to our last Private Message so we can complete the Authentication process and take a closer look at this.

Please reply to our last Private message so we can proceed.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to cancel my Spotify subscription as there is no cancelling button on MyRogers?

Thank you,

Hello @klayton1974,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

Being able to make changes to your subscriptions is important so we definitely want to help you get this sorted out.

Can I first confirm if you were benefitting from a 2-year or 6-month free promotion or are you currently being billed for Spotify through your Rogers Wireless subscription? Have you discussed this matter with Spotify as of yet? 

We look forward to hearing back from you!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

This is really poor.  I received a message that my subscription is about to expire, Rogers does not appear to have an option to switch to the family plan that regular spotify offers, Spotify sends you back to Rogers, and Rogers has no option to cancel the subscription.  >:-<

Good day @Cryptonyt,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

You've come to the right place for assistance with regards to your Spotify subscription.

Before you can actually make the switch to a paid Spotify Premium subscription, you need to wait until your promotional period is over.

Were you able to cancel the current Spotify subscription you were receiving through your Share Everything plan included experience?

Once it comes to an end, you can reactivate your account on a Premium Spotify subscription.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Much like all of the posts on this thread I have been trying to cancel my Spotify subscription I have through Rogers (which started after my free premium trial). There is no way to cancel it through Spotify (as it's listed as free on the app with no cancel button) and I spent one and a half hours on the phone with Rogers and they have no way of cancelling it. Again, as in the other posts it was suggested I cancel it through My Rogers and there is no button to do this.

Also, I was being charged $19.99 through Rogers for the past 4 mos and the same plan is $14.99 through Spotify which seems a ridiculously high cut going to Rogers.

Why is this still happening - based on this thread this has been going on for well over a year - can't Rogers do something to correct an issue that obviously they have been alerted to - Rogers says go to Spotify (even though I'm paying Rogers) and Spotifiy says they have no control (and obviously they are receiving money for it).

Good afternoon & welcome to the Rogers Community forums @pjbrown!

Please follow the steps below to cancel a Spotify subscription billed through Rogers:

1. Sign in to MyRogers on rogers.com.
  2. Look for the header named MORE SERVICES and click LISTEN under Spotify.
  3. Click MODIFY.
  4. When the confirmation window appears, click YES, CANCEL.

Just as an FYI, we’ll cancel the subscription at the end of your Spotify billing cycle. This end date could be different from your Rogers billing cycle. This means you could see one last Spotify charge on your bill.

Hope this helpsRobot Happy!

RogesZia

I've Been Here Awhile

HI RogersZia,

As mentioned in my previous message and numerous messages in this thread there is no MODIFY button when you click LISTEN under Spotify.

This is the issue - no way to cancel through Rogers (MyRogers or customer support) and no way to cancel it through the Spotify App or website. But Rogers keeps collecting the money!

Somebody has to fix this because people (me) are getting charged for it and don't want it and can't cancel it!

PJ

I've Been Around

Will other incentives be granted?

I assume a portion of our monthly bill was going to support this, maybe not directly on our invoice but in the background...

There was definitely a lack of information flowing regarding the timelines of this program, leaving us to have made alternative choices, based on the Spotify access, which has now expired, causing much frustration!