Cancelling a spotify subscription

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Cancelling a spotify subscription

Nor can I see the cancel service button! What a waste of my time. UGH ROGERS. You are a vacuum of my precious time
I've Been Around

Can't find the unsubscribe/ cancel button

Hello @Ranand1 and @zeds,

Welcome to the Community! You've come to the right place for assistance.

It sounds like you might be having the same experience as some of our other users in this thread, but not to worry, we can help! 

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps and we can look into it. For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersShaun

I've Been Around

Hi RogersMaude,

Read your response to the cancelling of the 2 year trial of Spotify.  So for these people, they don't have to do anything if they don't want the Premiun service to continue after the trial period?  It will just cancel on it's own and you won't get billed?  It was very frustating calling Rogers first and being told to call Spotify,  Call Spotify and being told to call your cellphone service provider who offered it to you as an add-on because they don't directly deal with people who sign up through a third party.  Then calling back Rogers and getting the information to click on the non-existing Modify button to cancel.  I finally, hopefully, found the answer to my question through your post on this community forum.

Ray

Hello @Ray11,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

It sounds like you had a pretty bad experience trying to get an answer to your inquiry, it's never a fun feeling to get passed around back and forth between Rogers and Spotify. 

You are correct regarding the 2-year promotion for Spotify, it will automatically cancel itself after the 2-year period is over. For those who receive the 6-month promotion, it will auto-subscribe at the end of the promotional period, and there is an option to unsubscribe to the service through My Rogers. 

I hope this helps clarify things a bit more, feel free to post again if you have additional questions.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

I had the 6month free one and after the 6 months, it kept charging me at the premium price at 19.99. I was told like many people that it would automatically cancel after the 6 month period and i did not have to call for to cancel.  Clearly it is not since I have been charged 3 months extra (since Oct). Funniest part is that i didnt even use spotify. Now i asked the rep online and they tell me to click the unsub button, which does not exist, and the mods here tell us that it will auto cancel, which it doesnt. Then I'm told to talk to spotify, and they of course say what other users have been saying, to call rogers. So now there is: no cancel button, the subscription does not cancel and goes straight to premium without asking, spotify does not know how to fix it, and rogers does not either. Excellent. 

Hello @dreamland,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you've had trying to opt out of a Spotify subscription.  It's never nice to be bounced around with no answers. 

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can look into this for you.  For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

RogersShaun

I've Been Around

Hello,

I called Rogers several times, to cancel my subscription to Spotify, which was given to me 6 months for free after that they have been charging me 19.99.  Now when I asked for cancellation. they asked me to cancel it myself, going on to spotify account . when I login ,all it says is I have a free account. I can even send you the chat transcript with spotify, confirming that I don't have any account with me. could you please resolve this issue. or else I need to report it to CRTC.

Hello @Jyamba,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy.

Apologies to hear about your recent experience with trying to get Spotify cancelled. I hope you enjoyed the 6 month subscription. May I know if you've tried to cancel the subscription in MyRogers? You can find the option when you click on Spotify once you're logged into your MyRogers Account. Select Modify and then select Cancel.

Please let us know if you run into any issues with the steps above.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

Well, I was glad to finally take advantage of that deal but then 3-4 days after I signed up for my 24 free months of Spotify you guys cut my premium membership and when I go back to reactivate it, your website tells me I have to pay 9,99$ (which is full price by the way). Rogers is a company of thieves and I’m not surprised but at least I hope someone will see this and not get stuck in a contract with them as I am.