Cancelling a spotify subscription

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancelling a spotify subscription

Hello @vcroft,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I completely understand your need to cancel Spotify before it becomes a paid subscription so you don't end up being billed for it.

Depending on your promotional period you may not have to cancel it as it will auto-cancel and revert to a free Spotify account. If you received the 2-year promotion the subscription will automatically cancel itself at the end of the term. If you received the 6-month promo you may have to cancel the subscription yourself at the end of the term.

For more information on this and further steps please see posts 12 and 19 of this thread.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Yesterday I cancelled my Spotify after initially promotion from ROGERS which is free but unfortunately I didnot know it will just crossed two more months and I realize yesterday and checked my bill which is too high
Now I will get my money back ?

Also now I can register the Spotify in my
Two account and also I need both the account having student discount as well

Hello @ddchampaneri,

Thank you for your post! =)

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you were billed for Spotify when you thought it was still included, is that correct? I know how frustrating it can be to see unwanted charges on your bill at the end of the month.

You should have received a text message notification before the end of the promotion, reminding you that the free subscription was ending. Do you remember being notified, before the included subscription came to an end?

Once you canceled the Premium version, you will still be able to access the free version of Spotify.

If you'd like to use the Premium version again, you can purchase Spotify Premium for a monthly fee through MyRogers. You can either purchase an individual subscription or a pack of three for your family to share.

Regards,

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @CommunityHelps

Just want to give a big shout to @CommunityHelps for their recent help in cancelling Spotify.Thank you guys...

Hello @penzioner,

You're most welcome, it's always a pleasure to serve our wonderful customers. Glad you were able to get assistance by reaching out to @CommunityHelps

Feel free to reach out to us anytime you need assistance and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,

RogersTony 

I've Been Around

Could anyone help me cancel my Spotify premium subscription? The two year trial ends today, but there is no option on the website to cancel.
I've Been Around

I am in the same horrible loop here.  I have talked to both Rogers and Spotify in direct support.  Rogers interface (not Spotify) is where you enable (and enter) the emails for registration to your "free" Spotify service.  In my case I got the 2 year plan which expires December 2017 - and it gave me 3 accounts.   Rogers REMOVED their ability on their website to manage your account and direct account inquiries directly to Spotify.  When you login to Spotify it indicates under your subscription that it can only be managed by Rogers.  I text chat with Rogers support and they are adamant that i must speak to spotify.  I remind them they I signed up via Rogers and never with Spotify but to no avail - they said speak to Sptify and abruptly ended my chat.  So i go and chat live with Spotify and they are adamant that all 3rd party agreements such as with mobile providers are managed via those mobile providers.  In fact the account rep at Spotify had the cancel button greyed out on their end since they are not allowed to cancel subscription setup via third party operators (in this case Rogers).  It makes alot more sense what Spotify is telling me versus Rogers.

I also think there is some sort of distinction between the 2 year plan that I got versus the 6 month plans that seem to be a 2017 thing.  As said earlier, the 2 year plan gets automatically converted to Spotify FREE after the 2 year period whereas the 6month plans rogers will auto enroll you for a monthly fee after the trial period.  So it seems that you cannot cancel or manage from either Rogers or Spotify the 2 year premium accounts since they convert to free.  The issue with this is i wanted to cancel and sign up directly with spotify for their family plan using the 3 emails I already used via Rogers interface and then add two more (spotify family gives you 5 accounts for $15/month).  However, there is no obvious way (even talking directly to support from both sides) to cancel the 2 year free plan.   What a mess of confusion Rogers - i believe the ball is in your court, as you are the ones that removed the management interface from your website.  There is no way to convert a 2 year "free" account to a spotify free account.

Hello @Thyeri & @jk131

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Robot Happy

@Thyeri, After the 2-year trial period ends, you will not be charged monthly for a subscription as your Premium version will revert to a Free version automatically. 

@jk131, I totally understand your frustration here, it really does sound like you are stuck in a loop! Luckily you've reached the right place and I will be happy to provide additional information for you. The account that is associated with your 2-year free promo is locked in for that term and we cannot modify it until the term ends which in your case will be in December. Once the term has expired it will revert to a Free account, your playlists will still be linked to your account but you will not have access to them until you upgrade to a Premium account. You can do this by reaching out at Spotify directly as soon as your account reverts to the Free version and they will be able to upgrade you to the Family plan at that time.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, that I can't cancel my Spotify account that will expire after 2 years on November 27th, 2017. I called Rogers that they keep telling me that I can only do it on my side, yet I don't have a cancel option. I only get a listen button which when I click takes me to manage Spotify feature, but again there is only a Listen button and Complete Activation for my other line. I figured maybe it needs me to complete activation in order to let me cancel, but when I click on that it give me an error page and if I click on Listen it takes me to Spotify page. When I called Rogers a month ago, they told me I would need to cancel before Nov 27th otherwise I'll get charged. Can you help?

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @kryal,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

As @RogersTony mentioned previously,  your Premium version of Spotify will automatically revert to the Free version once your 2 year promotion is up. If you would like to retain the Premium version, you can contact us and have it added for a monthly fee. Smiley Happy

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online. For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersRoland