Cancelling Individual Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cancelling Individual Channels

Ingersoll, Ontario

Can I cancel individual channels and see a savings in my monthly bill by cancelling these channels ???

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cancelling Individual Channels

Short answer is no 😞

That i know of, there is really NO provider out there currently, which does this. 

Its all pretty much base package, or more advanced packages, with things all bundled together.  Only realy way is to jump DOWN a package, but that could also cut channels that you want.

Soon, due to a forced thing by the CRTC, TV providers will have to provide 'pick and pay', where after paying for a base package (like $20), you can then add individual channels.

(how individual channel pricing will be.. is yet to be seen... as this is not just Rogers part.. channel prices will be based on what the channel provider charges for the channel as well, etc)

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @sworl

Welcome to the Community

I would like to help.Smiley Happy

Are you looking to remove channels that are included in your main package?

Example, if you have the Digital VIP package you would not be able to remove channels from this package.

However, If you are looking remove theme packages or add-ons such as TMN (The Movie Network) or any type of lifestyle theme package, you can and you would see some savings on your monthly bill. 

If you are Interested, I would be happy to have a expert from @CommunityHelps reach out you, and they can have a look over your account.  

Thank you 

RogersAliciaG

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Alicia, that would be wonderful....yes please go ahead and have an expert contact me.    Thank-you.   

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @sworl,

Keep an eye on your inbox for a PM. 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@sworl wrote:

Ingersoll, Ontario

Can I cancel individual channels and see a savings in my monthly bill by cancelling these channels ???

***Edited Labels***

Unless they are channels you've added to your package a-la-carte, no you can't cancel them (and presumably get a credit). I must get 500-odd channels, but only watch maybe a couple of dozen. Wouldn't it be nice if I could cancel the ones I have no interest in and get a 95% discount! Smiley Very Happy

Yes, you can sign up for the cheapest package and then add all the other channels you want a-la-carte, but that's a very expensive way to go and you'd end up paying a whole lot more than if you just ordered a package that contained almost all the channeld you want to watch, plus hunderds of others you don't.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario