Cancelled Rogers Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cancelled Rogers Internet

Hi everyone, hope you're having a wonderful day,

2 weeks ago I called Rogers and cancelled my internet and cable. They said I must return the modem and cable box on or by Dec. 6th.

• So, is this when the last day of service is (or is it the 5th or the 7th)?
  • When will the lines be cut?
  • Any other pointers?

Thanks so much Smiley Happy!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Cancelled Rogers Internet

The Cable should have been cut once you told them you want to Cancel. What did they tell you on the phone?. When you tend to Cancel Cable they give you a date it would be cut or it will be cut at the same time you cancel. Also another way to know is if you turn on the Cable Box do you get service? if not then its canceled. They give you that date to bring back the Box & the modem. If you do not bring the Cable box & the Modem by that date then you get charged another month of service since you still have their property.

I have heard this from others so this is what i am saying to you. I could be wrong as well.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hmm, I still get my cable service as well as my internet. When I called them it seemed as though the were telling me that it will be 30 days 'till it's cut.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea once you cancel a service most of the times you have 30 days of service & within that 30 days you still get billed. That how it works for the Cellphone service. If you order a pay-per-view you will still be charged within that 30 days. You still have to pay the Final bill once you cancel so this is your final bill.

No problem trying to help out. Smiley Happy
I've Been Here Awhile

I just gave them a call and they confirmed that the lines will be cut on Dec. 6.

Thanks once again. Have a good one Smiley Happy!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This seems to be the new trend, which I will be joining. Ditch Rogers, and use a reliable company.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes all you Toronto Maple Leaf fan are now paying for the two new owners of the building, but I live in BC. Loves Vancouver Canucks but getting screwed by this company after purchasing their modem, would you want to buy anything thing from these company again ever is the Government CTRC watch dog I quess a sleep in Roger bedroom.