Cancel with 30 Days Notice

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Cancel with 30 Days Notice

Hello jasonchewy

If the TOS say that then you can contact Rogers and speak to a manager or the cancellation department if you wish and explain to them what you have read on the TOS. I am sure they will know about it unless its a new rep that doesn't know.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Sounds like a Rogers person talking to me

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just an update to this thread

Looks like the CRTC has instated a think now, which states that they can no longer do the 30 day thing 🙂

Updated Solution

As of today customers no longer have to give a 30 day notice when cancelling any of their Rogers services.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can you provide me a link to that source? I'd like to cancel 30 days ahead of time but would like the internet service until the end of April (30th).

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is the CRTC ruling on it.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-576.htm

Pretty much, you should be able to call them and say.. i want it canceled on X day.

Now, depending on your billing cycle.. you may get a partial bill for X many days, etc.

Highlighted

Good day,

I just wanted to shed some light on the 30 Day Notice policy for cancellations, as it has changed since this topic was initiated.

Starting January 23, 2015, customers no longer need to give 30-day notice before cancelling their TV, Home Phone, Internet or Smart Home Monitoring services.

We can cancel your services and stop your billing on the same day if you wish. All of the services will be disconnected immediately, and you’ll no longer be able to use them. 

You’re always free to choose your cancellation date, whether that’s today, or any date in the future. We can schedule the cancellation for the end of the billing cycle. You have 5 days from the date of your cancellation to return your equipment to Rogers. If it is not done, you may be charged an unreturned equipment fee based on the value of the equipment. If you’re not able to return the equipment to a Rogers Retail location, we can definitely schedule a technician to pick up the rental equipment. The Rogers retail store will confirm the cancellation whenever you return your equipment to them.

You’ll be credited for the portion of your monthly service fee and equipment rental from the day your service is cancelled to the end of your billing cycle. This credit will appear on your final invoice. If applicable, any credits will be applied to any balances remaining on your account. If your account is cancelled and there is no balance remaining, then any credits will be refunded to you.

Wireless

The 30-day notice for deactivating an account is already being phased out for Wireless. If you signed or renewed your contract with Rogers on or after December 2, 2013, you do not have to provide a 30 day notice to cancel. However, if you signed up before December 2013, the terms of your original agreement still apply. This means that for some people, the 30 days’ notice for cancellation policy still applies. In the case where a customer decides to transfer their wireless phone number over to another service provider, they will only be billed up to the date the port out of the number was completed.

As of June 3, 2015, Wireless consumers will no longer need to provide 30 days’ notice for cancellation, regardless of their sign-up or renewal date.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude