Cancel service while traveling abroad?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cherylnhc123
I've Been Around

Cancel service while traveling abroad?

I am an abroad student and I am now already back home. I found that is not necessary to use this phone number and all of this service in my country, so how can I cancel all the services in the next 3 months? In addition, what can I do to keep this phone number be available when I head back to Canada?

***Added Labels***

RogersMaude

Re: Cancel service while traveling abroad?

Good day @Cherylnhc123,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

First of all, thank you for choosing us as your wireless service provider, we really appreciate your business.

There are a lot of great advantages to keeping your service active while you travel. You’ll be able to stay in touch with your Canadian friends and it comes in handy if you ever find yourself in an emergency situation.

We can only temporarily suspend your service if your FLEXtab balance is completely paid off. Is it the case?

I can imagine what it's like to be studying in Canada from a different country. Are you sure you will be returning in 3 months from now?

If you're still under contract, in order to keep your phone number and avoid paying the remaining subsidy, you would have to keep paying your monthly plan.

We could potentially put you on a minimal plan for you to keep your  phone number. However, the remaining subsidy on your device might be generated.

For account-specific assistance, or to submit the request for the suspension of your service for the next 3 months, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please click here.

RogersMaude