cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Service

tryintocancel
I've Been Around

Cancelling my account is impossible - am filing complaint with CRTC 

I have rarely been so frustrated by a customer service experience. I went in person to return my modem and they would not accept it until I called cancellation services. Cancellation services has its own number that puts you into the general hold line up. Waited for someone to call me back, then they told me that they couldn't help me, that I had to wait on hold for 54 minutes and now over an hour. All want to do is cancel my account and return an antiquated modem. That is all.  Gonna file a CRTC complaint. This is forcing me to keep paying for a service I have expressly said I do not want anymore.

***Added Labels***

46 REPLIES 46

Re: Cancel Service

Potono
I've Been Here Awhile
I left Canada for two month now and I'm not going back, and I don't use this service no more, I want to close the account. Please. Thanks so much

Greetings @Potono,

Welcome to the Rogers community! 

Thanks for the heads up on your present situation. We hope that you are doing well and keeping safe! We are sad to see you leave us!

Just for better clarity, which services do you currently have active with us?

In order for us to cancel your services, we will need to gain access to your account. If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,
RogersLaura

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around

Really Rogers?6 days after you receive the equipment back? Mine was delivered September 8 and still hasn't been processed as received yet. I cancelled Sept 1 and spent an hour on the phone first with a call center in New Brunswick who can't cancel ignite services. Transferred to Toronto who couldn't process it but created a ticket to get the back office to do it because my phone line was being ported out. Was billed for September and I fully expect to be billed again tomorrow for October even though I no longer have the services.You people need to get your act together.

marco7701
I've Been Here Awhile

Can anyone help with this  painful experience? called and asked for cancellation on Monday 10. 19. After 1 hour waiting, the agent told me that my deal was cancelled and will send a tag for me to return all rogers modules. I never received the tag and I found out today, 10. 24 that the deal was not cancelled. That agent lied to me! Now, Im calling rogers again. The agent answered once again ask me to wait for the transfer to ignite team. Once again, 45 mins now, Im still waiting! How do I cancel the plan with rogers? It became insane now! I have been using rogers for 6 years now. Now Im moving out of Toronto and get this experience. I would never recommend anyone use rogers anymore.

Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good evening @marco7701,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience when realizing the rental equipment needed to be returned to confirm the account cancellation. To return disconnected Rogers rental equipment, just ship it back to us at no charge. Keep reading for more information.

Create a Free Canada Post Return Waybill Online

1. Using the following link, click Print a Return Label.

2. Enter PR823007 in the Canada Post Return ID Number field and click Continue.

• The Print a Return Label page will load with Return Information for Rogers Communication Canada Inc.  

3. Complete Your Contact Information section.

4. In the Item Details section, select the radio button beside Yes to confirm that the item(s) weigh less than 65lbs.

5. In the Email Notification section, check Exception or Delivery or both.

6. Click Continue. Then, click GET LABEL.

7. Check your email (including your junk folder) for a copy of the return waybill.

• You’ll also receive a tracking number in your email. Keep the tracking number provided for your records.

8. Securely pack the items to be returned in a box. Print the label and attach it to package with the items you are returning:

9. Drop off the package at any Canada Post office.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

RDL76
I Plan to Stick Around
I cancelled my services and retained the internet for a great price because I dealt with billing issues the last two years. I'm still getting bills on the account I cancelled over a month ago. My internet service account seems to be correct with billing and payments. All equipment was returned to the store and I have receipts. Should I just ignore the bill on the account I cancelled over a month ago that has no services listed on it?

Good evening @RDL76,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for the heads up on your present situation. We hope that you are doing well and keeping safe! 

Making sure that you understand the charges you're being billed for is key. Without accessing your file and services, it's hard for us to tell whether to ignore that invoice of not.

In order for us to review your billing history, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our private messaging system, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersMaude

Cepheus74
I Plan to Stick Around

So I called rogers the other day to cancel my internet service, my new service provider said that they can not transfer as there are no pending cancellations at my address, I even have a shipping label sent to me via email.

Why do you have to be like this Rogers?

marco7701
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I called on 24th and waited for 1 hour to solve the whole thing. The agent told me the plan is cancelled on 19th and it was a bug that I did not receive the email with a tag to return my module. She also gave me a cancellation number. Then, I sent the return package yesterday and I did kept the receipt in case of anything wired happen. I thought all the problems were fixed, but i got an email yesterday of a bill. Then, I logged in to my account. It showed a bill of 95 dollars. I extremely confused and disappointed at this point. My deal was 112. What is this 95 thing?

Please help me sort this out. 

•  

Good evening @Cepheus74,

Thanks for your post! We're sorry to hear you're thinking of cancelling your Rogers services.

When you mention that your new provider cannot transfer your services, is it because you already requested the cancellation of your Rogers account?

We'll need more information from you in order to guide you in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

RogersMaude

I recently called Rogers to cancel my home Ignite bundle. I was told a package would arrive at my house so that I could return the hardware to Rogers. This package never arrived and I have now moved houses. 

I don't want to be charged for keeping the hardware, so I brought it to a Rogers location. I was told they did not accept Ignite hardware. I was given a box and a code to bring to Canada Post so that the hardware could be mailed. While at the store, I thought I would confirm that my services have in fact been cancelled (since I didn't receive the package and am unable to verify this via My Rogers). I was told they can not confirm this at the store location. So the Rogers store does not accept Rogers hardware and can not confirm Rogers services..... got it. 

Since mailing the hardware I have tried using the online chat feature and calling customer service - no reply for several hours. 

This has been a nightmare. 

Good afternoon @imckay14,

Welcome to the Community!

You're absolutely right, it's always best to ensure there are no unexpected charges on your bill. Sad to hear you've parted ways with us but I do want to make sure we're able to turn around this recent experience for you.

Keeping current times in mind, there have been changes made to the different kinds of transactions that can be done at the store. At this time, Ignite TV equipment return is only available via courier or technician pick up.

We can check the equipment return status for you. If you'd like to avoid wait times feel free to reach out to us by sending a private message via @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with how to PM, please see this post.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around

Cancelled  Rogers September 1 and still waiting for the rest of my refund.The whole return process to getting your money back has  been a complete and utter joke. Shame on you Rogers , after being treated like this who would ever want to come back? Took over a month for the equipment to finally show up as "returned" and many , many phone calls/chats online.Promised follow up by the Office of the President which was another joke. Like the Hotel California, you can cancel whenever you want but you can never leave

Greetings @yyz64,

Thank you for posting your concerns here in the forums! We are sad to hear that you've decided to move on from Rogers but understand that you must do what you feel is best. It's disappointing that your latest experience hasn't been very smooth. 😞

I understand that you were still waiting to hear back from our Office of the President regarding your issue...have they since reached out? If not, we'd be more than happy to review your account to see how we can help move things along!

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly,

RogersLaura

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around

Well finally today the Office of the President called me after my posting here.I will find out in 5-7 days whether or not this may finally be resolved. I must say after never getting return calls from my ambassador after my install ,to my account being messed up and not allowed to exchange flex channels, to my multiple months of being double billed for the Super Sports Package and other issues, the only helpful efforts on Rogers behalf was through mods on this forum.It's sad that hours spent with customer service reps were a waste of time. To the mods here thank you.At least you guys/gals can hold your heads up and say you tried to make it work and got results. 

RDL76
I Plan to Stick Around
This has been nearly identical to my experience. I was charged for services I cancelled two months ago. Although I've been promised my bill would be straightened out, I'm not holding out hope thats actually going to happen given the scope of the billing errors I've had to endure since 2018. I think I've privately messaged nearly every moderator on this forum in one capacity or another trying to deal with this issue. Time will tell if its all lipservice I guess...

I have the same issues , my rogers internet is contact-based and I am trying to cancel the services.
I called so many times and they give me the same answer that you are not connected to the right department, and when I do they put me on hold and nothing happens. my bill almost reached a limit I am getting frustrated and all I want is to cancel the internet service.
I am a rogers customer for more than a year and customer service gives me hard times always.

Hello @akasharora,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Apologies for your recent experience over the phone. I realize how disappointing it is to be passed around without a resolution. 

Sorry to hear you're looking to part ways with us, however if you still haven't been able to get in touch with my colleagues over the phone please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our private messaging system, please check out our blog.

RogersZia

marco7701
I've Been Here Awhile

Roger Services was the worst that I ever experienced !!!!!!!!!!!

This is insane that I have to write another post about the rogers cancellation situation!!!!!!!!! I have called rogers twice and waited for 2 hours for the insane ignite TV department. Things still not settled. I called and cancelled the deal on 10/19. I sent the return package on 10/26 and it arrived on 10/30. After that, I got a bill of 95. I called and they said it would be refunded. Today, 11/24, i got another bill of 86 and the 95 i paid was never refunded. What is going on!!! Please Rogers fix the cancel service and fix  ignite department!!!!!!! 

RDL76
I Plan to Stick Around
You only had to contact Rogers twice? I think I've sent at least a dozen private messages after at least a dozen phone calls dealing with billing issues. This is why I stopped automatic payments a long time ago. I strongly suspect if everyone did the same, Rogers would be more keen to organize their billing department properly.

Phil_V
I've Been Around
I have the same question. Does Rogers not monitor and answer questions in the Community?
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats