Can you change plan mid contract?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
socks
I've Been Around

Can you change plan mid contract?

I'm nearing the end of my contract and I'm ready for a device upgrade.  I recently learned that I have access to cheaper rates through my professional association.  If I upgrade my device on my currently plan I only need to pay $49 for the device.  But if I switch I need to pay $249.

Is it possible to sign up with my current plan and get the device for the lower cost and then switch to the reduced rate at a later date?  Is there a minimum amount of time that you need to be on a plan before switching?

Thanks!

*Edited Labels*

RogersMoin

Re: Can you change plan mid contract?

Hello, @socks

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your query. Smiley Happy

The preferred pricing you get through your professional association can't be combined with your current plan. When you switch your account after purchasing the device there will be a fee based on the subsidy applied to the device.  

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can you change plan mid contract?

Just to expand on what RogersMoin said.

If you were to re-contract with your personal plans... the hardware subsidy, etc is based on the regular price plans.  It has to be one of these, and a certain $ value as well, to accomodate the hardware subsidy.

The other plan, likely wouldnt fit this, or be too low a $$ value (hence likely why the initial hardware cost is higher.

Generally, can you change your plan anytime durring the hardware term?
Yes.
As long as it remains over the min $ value.  As well has to be the current same market plans, etc.