Can't use "800" call

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can't use "800" call

Hi Rogers team, In the US, I need call some Canada company give "800" number only! I'm trucker & i wish solve this particular problem. Have a good day!

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't use "800" call

Welcome to the Community @sebas77ce

When you make a call to a 1-800(Toll Free) number the receiving end is paying for the call, making it free for you. However when you are calling a Toll Free number from another country the call is no longer considered "Toll Free" and will have applicable charges.

The is the reason some toll free providers  choose to block receiving calls from out the country and generally advise their out of country callers to contact them on a regular telephone number.

I would get in touch with company by other means and see if they have a contact number for while you are in the US. As they are most likely blocking calls that would come in from the US due to the charges that could be incurred.

Hope this helps.

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't use "800" call

Welcome to the Community @sebas77ce

When you make a call to a 1-800(Toll Free) number the receiving end is paying for the call, making it free for you. However when you are calling a Toll Free number from another country the call is no longer considered "Toll Free" and will have applicable charges.

The is the reason some toll free providers  choose to block receiving calls from out the country and generally advise their out of country callers to contact them on a regular telephone number.

I would get in touch with company by other means and see if they have a contact number for while you are in the US. As they are most likely blocking calls that would come in from the US due to the charges that could be incurred.

Hope this helps.

RogersAsif

View solution in original post