cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't stop TXT to landline - $0.15 every time I reboot my phone

jst3
I've Been Here Awhile

Every time I reboot my phone it sends a TXT to Landline message to my home land line with my sim card # in the message.  Then I get a text back thanking me for using the Rogers service with a $0.15 charge.

I called Rogers tech support, he said he reset something on the network and that didn't help.

I got the impression from talking to the tech that he had no idea what I was talking about.  One of his suggestions was to call Bell.  Like Bell has something to do why my phone sending text messages to my home phone number.

Can anyone offer any sugestions?  This is geting frustrating and expensive.  BTW, I'm on a Paygo plan.

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't stop TXT to landline - $0.15 every time I reboot my phone

Pauly
Resident Expert
Hi jst3, have you tried searching on the community boards for TXT 2 Landline to see if you find an answer to your problem?

Well since your new id like to help. Feel free to follow this link http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Other_mobile_device/message-id/3... it explains about your problem and how to solve it.

P.S. dont forget to click Like if it helped solve your problem

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Pauly
Resident Expert
Hi jst3, have you tried searching on the community boards for TXT 2 Landline to see if you find an answer to your problem?

Well since your new id like to help. Feel free to follow this link http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Other_mobile_device/message-id/3... it explains about your problem and how to solve it.

P.S. dont forget to click Like if it helped solve your problem

View solution in original post

jst3
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Pauly.  Yes, I found that thread and I've tried e-mailing that company to get the service disabled.

I guess I'm looking for more of an explanation for why my phone is texting my land line every time I reboot it.

DIsabling the txt to landline service, is kind of a big hammer approach to solving the problem... but if that's what it takes.

jst3
I've Been Here Awhile

To my surprise I received an e-mail from TeleMessage this morning infoming me they have blocked text-to-landline messages from my phone.  I did a test reboot and no msgs to my phone.  Thanks very much for that info Pauly.  I still don't know why my phone was sending the mesage at startup but it doesn't matter now. 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation