Can't send or receive pictures in sms. Xperia x10, 2.3.3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't send or receive pictures in sms. Xperia x10, 2.3.3

Hi all,

As the title of the thread implies, that's precisely the problem I have.  I can't send pictures to anyone (canadian, US, or international) nor receive them.  I've got an Xperia x10 with the 2.3.3 upgrade.  Normal text messages work fine.  Attaching files to email works fine.

I've tried a full reset, didn't help.

I've tried using messaging apps like Go SMS Pro and Handcent, didn't help.

I receive the text message and it gives me the option to download but if I press it, nothing happens.  Similarly, if I try to SEND a picture, it says "sending" but never sends.

I've looked on the net and tried to search these forums but couldn't find anything that was useful or helpful.  Has anyone got any suggestions or ideas, perhaps?

Thanks for your time.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Can't send or receive pictures in sms. Xperia x10, 2.3.3

Do you have the unlimited messaging plan on your account? ( picture, video, normal texts) If you do then you need to call Tech support & they will be able to reset your account & see if that will work. I had the same issue & that's why i did & it worked.
I've Been Here Awhile

Awesome, thanks Meowmix.  Called them, they reset my profile, rebooted, and it works again! Yay!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are very welcome Smiley Happy