Can't send MMS anymore Nexus 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can't send MMS anymore Nexus 4

I was able to send/receive MMS b4 when I was on custom rom (AOKP 4.2.2). When i updated to android 4.4 rootedi found out MMS is broken. I tried usng the same APN settings whne i was on AOKP 4.2.2 but still dones't work. Any1 know how to fix this? 

I thoght it was the 4.4 so i rrestored back to AOKP 4.2.2 and i found out it stopped working too. i'm thinking it's something to do with the radio that was included in the 4.4 update that is causing this. 

***edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can't send MMS anymore Nexus 4

Is any member of the Community able to assist imeem with their issue?

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

is it because i don't have a data plan? But this dones't make sense since i was able to send it in the past without a data plan. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello imeem

Depending on each model. The nexus devices and most others need a data plan to send a MMS
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a Nexus 4 running custom ROM 4.4 and my wife has a Nexus 5 running stock 4.4

Our MMS works fine by following the instructions on the site rogersdotcom/unlocked

However only picture mms go through and not video mms regarless of what size i capture the video at.

Been trying to scour the "Internets" for the answer but can't find one. 

Even in prev. android version sending a video mms did not work

Anyone have any idea?

I Plan to Stick Around

@imeem

Are you using Google Hangouts as your default SMS app? if so, there is a known issue where the Hangouts app was not using the correct APN information and thus MMS was failing.

There is a new Hangouts version being pushed to users since a day or two ago that corrects this issue. It is slowly rolling out to all users. Check your Play Store account for an update, it might be waiting for you.

If you are not using Hangouts, please let us know.