Can't log in to Rogers Anyplace Home Edition

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Can't log in to Rogers Anyplace Home Edition

Some time ago I installed the Rogers Anyplace Home Edition app on my LG-E410B Android version 4.1.2 phone.

From the beginning I could not log in to try it. This is what I saw:

RTVHE1.jpgRTVHE2.jpg

There was no field to sign in and when I touched the Sign-in button, I got the second screen.

Today I tried it again and made a little progress:

anyplace.jpg

After I enter my username and press Next, the "Next" changes to "Done". I still don't see a field for my password, which could be hidden by the keyboard. When I press "Done" I get this:

error.jpg

I see there's a little progress from months ago, but I still can't enter my password.

Help!

***Edited Labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Can't log in to Rogers Anyplace Home Edition

I thought you needed to enter your email address now?
Aren't the Username (without @example.com) gone now?

just a thought.

Edit:

And you said 4.1.2 so that is obviously not the lollipop issue...

Do the basic stuff. The app tries to be bothersome sometimes.

Go in your Application manager.

Go into Rogers Any Place TV Home Edition.

Clear Cache and THEN uninstall (make sure to clear cache first).

and then reinstall and try again.

I believe your Cache may be the issue. Since with Android it's almost always a cache isssue with apps.

I'm a Senior Advisor

How do you clear the cache on an android phone? When I search for "cache" in the manual, all I get is something in the French edition, which is not the same thing. I can access Anyplace TV no problem, it even logs me in automatically, but Rogers Anyplace Home edition gives me this problem on this phone. I can log in no problem on my Kobo Vox tablet, which is an even older android version, but it's really only an eReader and agonizingly slow for the PVR guide.

The problem here is being able to log in on my screen, which won't show the password field that's covered by the virtual keyboard.

Rogers Employee

Hey-low @OLDYELLR

Settings > General > Application Manager > Anyplace TV Home Edition > Clear Cache

Then...

Settings > General > Application Manager > Anyplace TV Home Edition > Clear Data

Then...

Settings > General > Application Manager > Anyplace TV Home Edition > Uninstall

Then...

Play Store > Search Anyplace TV Home Edition > Install App > Test.

You are clearing Cache for THAT app only.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, I did that and re-installed it, but I get the same thing, no way to enter my password after entering my username. I do believe it's a flaw in the app, which hasn't been tested with my android version. Who writes these apps and does Rogers test them and approve them for all android versions? Obviously they don't for the latest versions, so it's a stretch to presume they do for old versions.

Rogers Employee

Smiley Indifferent I was sure this would have solved it.
You got me stumped.

I can't comment on how rogers makes the apps, but I was in the assumption it covered everything uptill right before Lollipop.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yeah, the older version coverage is spotty. As I said, when I first tried it on my phone it didn't even give me a place to log in. Now I can only type my username, but not my password.

Rogers Employee

Smiley Indifferent Sorry to hear that @OLDYELLR - Wish it was a simple fix.

Anyone else have any inputs? I don't know where to go from here... (being honest - Kind of brain dead right now)
Rogers Employee

Wait! I just realized. Did you call Tech Support for AnyPlace TV? (They have a separate department for the service.)
-They might advise you to do a hard reset though. Which I personally try to avoid... for all we know it could be just the phone acting up?
I'm a Senior Advisor

I rather doubt they'd have anything useful for an old version of Android when they can't keep up with the new ones. Smiley Sad