cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get BNN today in Toronto

John-Paul
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in postal code M5H 3B3 and haven't been able to get BNN (channel 57) today. My TV just keeps saying "No Signal". It was working fine yesterday.

I'm on "regular" cable (no digital set top box).

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't get BNN today in Toronto

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i am not currently UP on all the channels which have/are being cut recently... it IS possible that this one has been droped from analog now.

As has been informed for almost up to 2 years now, eventualy all the analog stations will be gone.  Rogers has been cutting usualy 1-3 of them, every month.   This may be one of the current ones 😞

To get this back, you will likely need a digital box of some form.
Wiether a paid SD, HD, HDPVR, or just getting a FREE DTA digital tuner.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i am not currently UP on all the channels which have/are being cut recently... it IS possible that this one has been droped from analog now.

As has been informed for almost up to 2 years now, eventualy all the analog stations will be gone.  Rogers has been cutting usualy 1-3 of them, every month.   This may be one of the current ones 😞

To get this back, you will likely need a digital box of some form.
Wiether a paid SD, HD, HDPVR, or just getting a FREE DTA digital tuner.

SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Hi John-Paul.

For channel lineups, check out http://www.rogers.com/channels/

Under "Channels available without a digital box", I selected Toronto and BNN is not listed anymore.

Huh.. i never even realized that that thing down there, had a link for an analong (as well as the different types of boxes).

Learn new something every day, thanks SpeedyC!

John-Paul
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the replies (and the link to the channel guide, I was looking for something like that). I guess that answers my question then and I'll need to get a digital box for this TV.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Don't know if location make a difference, but I'm in Ottawa and BNN is still available here in analog on channel 58.

Zenith
I've Been Here Awhile
That really sucks. Probably done because Bell is a competitor and they are happy to sabotage that channel. I use an older TV in my kitchen to watch BNN, I would not get a digital,box just for that. Time for business minded people to switch I guess

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Its not rogers or bell.......its the canadian government.......all analogue service is being shut down.  Its only been ongoing for the last 2-3 years now.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
You can get a dta for free.

And switching will do nothing. All other providers have needed a digital box since they started (all sattalite, etc). One way or another regardless of provider you will need a digital box

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, there is digital OTA and there should be lots to choose from in Toronto, but I don't know too much about it.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Lurker wrote:

Its not rogers or bell.......its the canadian government.......all analogue service is being shut down.  Its only been ongoing for the last 2-3 years now.

It is not just Rogers,Bell or the Canadaian government.  The end of analog broadcast is pretty much world wide.  The switch started in 2005 or 2006 and eventually all countries except Laos and N. Korea will have made the switch.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation