Can't connect to wireless network(Samsung mobile-i727R)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waboda
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't connect to wireless network(Samsung mobile-i727R)

When I try to connect to my wireless network at home it scans and finds the network, asks for a password which it accepts then disconnects and scans again for the network it does this repeatedly. The phone connects fine at wireless hotspots and has no problem at my daughters house. Also when my daughter came over here she couldn't connect with her I Phone any thoughts

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
cheers1981
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Can't connect to wireless network(Samsung S I896

A friend had a similar problem and I helped them "fix" it.

Basically we isolated the problem by testing another phone on their wifi network. They have a Samsung S4 and so do I, neither phone connected to their wifi but connected to the wifi at my house. We figured this meant it was the router that was the issue.

We decided to reset their router. Once reset, we temporarilly left it with no security (completely unsecured) while we tested it. We only did this for a couple minutes. We simply hit the reset button, found the unsecure network on our phones and connected to it.

With the router reset and no security, the phone connected perfectly.

We then added security back onto the wifi router. Make sure security mode is WPA personal or WPA2 personal. Name your wifi network and set your password. Then find it on phone and try to connect. Hopefully it works.

NOTE - If you use a different network name and/or password then you previously had, you will have to update everything else that connects to your network (computer). This is pretty simple, just search for the network on your computer, find the network name and enter password.

I have no idea if this will work for you, it just happened to work for my friends problem.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Can't connect to wireless network(Samsung mobile-i727R)

Hello waboda

It seems like the router you are using isn't accepting the phones for some reason.. ( older routers do this).
waboda
I've Been Here Awhile

it is a rogers router and it's about 6 months old any other thoughts

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello waboda

At this point, i would contact Rogers tech support to see maybe they can see what is going on.
waboda
I've Been Here Awhile

also I have a SamKnows White box  which is sending a wireless signal cuold the modem and router(Sam Knows box) be sending competing signals 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello waboda

Best thing to do like i said is to contact Rogers tech support. It could be a issue with the SamKnows White Box causing this or the modem / router from Rogers.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing that i have seen ocasionally (usually seems to be phones), is turn off all the other wireless devices, so they are not connected to the wireless.
Then try the phone.
Then turn the others back on.

Has seemed to help some, in some cases.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

That is true as well.
lafrance
I've Been Here Awhile

Spent over an hour trying to resolve problem with my Samsung android yesterday with your Hellp Line.  error message unable to connect to server.

No help whatsoever.  Went to the Rogers plus and they had it working there and made the New security settings.  Being a hot spot everything worked fine there.  Came home and the problem is back.  This new security change, I think has changed the Modem, firewall or router. How does one trouble shoot this.  I am not an IT person, so don't know where to start.

Patricia Lafrance

cheers1981
I Plan to Stick Around

A friend had a similar problem and I helped them "fix" it.

Basically we isolated the problem by testing another phone on their wifi network. They have a Samsung S4 and so do I, neither phone connected to their wifi but connected to the wifi at my house. We figured this meant it was the router that was the issue.

We decided to reset their router. Once reset, we temporarilly left it with no security (completely unsecured) while we tested it. We only did this for a couple minutes. We simply hit the reset button, found the unsecure network on our phones and connected to it.

With the router reset and no security, the phone connected perfectly.

We then added security back onto the wifi router. Make sure security mode is WPA personal or WPA2 personal. Name your wifi network and set your password. Then find it on phone and try to connect. Hopefully it works.

NOTE - If you use a different network name and/or password then you previously had, you will have to update everything else that connects to your network (computer). This is pretty simple, just search for the network on your computer, find the network name and enter password.

I have no idea if this will work for you, it just happened to work for my friends problem.

View solution in original post