cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't configure HP ePrint/Apple Airprint on Hitron CGN3

mtramutola
I've Been Here Awhile

I just picked up the new Hitron CGN3 wireless gateway this weekend and I am attempting to configure my two HP LaserJet printers (CP1525nw and CM1415fnw) with ePrint/Airprint on this new Hitron CGN3.  I am able to create a wireless connection on my HP printers to my CGN3 and the connection is stable but when I access the embedded web server (EWS) on CP and CM printers I am unable to configure HP Web Services on these printers.  It comes back with "connection error.  check connection" when I try to enable it.  My Macs (mini and macbook) do not recognize these printers wirelessly either.

My previous Cisco DPC modem everything worked flawlessly (was able to enable HP Web Services and my Mac's recognized the printers) however with the CGN3 I am having these issues.  The wireless range/speed on the CGN3 is amazing (much better than my Cisco DPC) but I wish I could get HP ePrint/Apple Airprint working as well.  I don't want to go back to the Cisco DPC as my previous one I was having wireless issues with it and that's why I exchanged it for the Hitron and I am loving the wireless on it.

Has anyone else had success setting up HP ePrint/Apple Airprint on the Hitron CGN3 or is this a known issue with the Hitron CGN3 (perhaps resolved in the next firmware update?)

***edited labels***

68 REPLIES 68

Re: Can't configure HP ePrint/Apple Airprint on Hitron CGN3

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello guys

Just wondering and from what I've read more so want to confirm. I was reading that the CGN3 does not support the bonjour service that Apple uses to allow a iPad to AirPrint to AirPrint printer. Is this true, anyone can confirm this would be a great help.

Thanks in adv.

NOT sure on this.

The CGN3 as its ROUTING functions, are not blocking it.

I use my CGN3 as a ROUTER.. but i do  not use the WIRELESS on it.. i use my own router as an Access Point.
And i am able to Airprint to my HP compatable airprint printer.

So it if doesnt work.. its something on the WIRELESS end which is blocking it.

turkk
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this still an issue? I would think in 3 years they would have resolved it but I am having trouble using airprint with a new modem

turkk
I Plan to Stick Around

@turkk wrote:

Is this still an issue? I would think in 3 years they would have resolved it but I am having trouble using airprint with a new modem

Does anyone know the answer. This thread is 5 years old. Is anyone airprinting with a Hitron CGN3?

Good morning @turkk!

I wish I had a guaranteed solution for you but it does seem that a few users in this thread had some success with getting it to work. I've personally given up on owning a printer because they always break on me within a year. I have the worst luck in that regard.

If you're having difficulty getting a feature of your printer to work, I would recommend contacting the printer manufacturer for further support. We can't guarantee that all the network features of third-party equipment will work.

Regards,

RogersCorey

turkk
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCorey wrote:

Good morning @turkk!

I wish I had a guaranteed solution for you but it does seem that a few users in this thread had some success with getting it to work. I've personally given up on owning a printer because they always break on me within a year. I have the worst luck in that regard.

If you're having difficulty getting a feature of your printer to work, I would recommend contacting the printer manufacturer for further support. We can't guarantee that all the network features of third-party equipment will work.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Thanks for replying Corey. Since airprint is a function used by all Apple devices and there are many Iphones out there I thought that other users would have run into this problem. The problem appears to be with the modem/router not the printer.

Topic Stats