Can`t attach files in Rogers Yahoo Email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can`t attach files in Rogers Yahoo Email

Hi,

How do you attach files in Rogers Yahoo email? When I click on the buttion to attach files to my Rogers Yahoo email, nothing happens..I do not get to select from a list of files to attach.

Is the problem with my installation? If yes, where do I change settings or reinstall?

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Can`t attach files in Rogers Yahoo Email

I just tried it here (Firefox on an iMac) and it works fine - can't recall having had any problems in the past either.

Could be a browser setting, though I don't know what it could be.  Have you tried it with a different browser to see if it works then? That would help narrow down the problem.  Maybe someone else here will have another idea, but in the meantime this is something that only takes a few minutes to test.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Make sure pop ups are allowed for the site

Also I'm not 100% sure but he page may use java or flash, so if either are blocked, may effect it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Anybody help,

When I try and attach a file in Rogers/Yahoo ie 11. I press the email Attach files button and nothing happens. 

How can I fix it?

Thanks for any help

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am assuming you are in the NEW format email.

I am on IE 11 as well.

Just tried it on mine.. clicked the paperclip icon.. and it poped up the open file dialog.. chose the document, and takes a few seconds to upload (a little progress bar).
But it worked.

Not sure, if having popups blocked for the site.. would make a difference.

I dont THINK it requires java or anything to add the attachment.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the response,

I think it changed after and Windows update.

I haven't changed any setting. It just happens when I click on the paperclip nothing happens.  However, I can force it by going to settings and go back to the email it will work. When I click on setting I get a blank page. And it sometimes locks up. 
Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm..sounds like something is having issues, rendering the page properly..

IE11 on windows 8.1 here works. (fully windows updated)

Remoted into my home windows 7 server, IE11, fully updated, and it worked there as well.

May be something buggered with your IE/updates.. something else local.
(could be the account too.. but usually thats more makes it just un-accessible)

Do you have another browser installed that you can try accessing it in?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi!!!!!!!

i can email from my rogers email account, but i can not send attachment, i have tried few times, i get the following message.

" The host 'rogers' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
 Subject 'Emailing: DSC00066', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'rogers', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am guessing you are using an email program (outlook, windows mail, etc?)

I can see your issue right there in the error.
Rogers sent out a notification of the last few months.. that all email connections must be made over a secure connection now, which requires some changes on your 3rd party program.

This link is a big thread on it:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/1343...

In the first post, there is a link, which takes you to the rogers page, with info on what to change for it.