Can't activate Extreme Texting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Can't activate Extreme Texting

I'm have the same problem and it's been happening for a long time. Hope you can fix it soon.
I've Been Here Awhile

Any update on why extreme text messaging is still not working?  My partner turned it on a few weeks ago and now can't turn it off.

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @Katybaby @gmmitche,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Just to provide an update, we're aware our Extreme SMS service is currently unavailable due to technical issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The rules you have set are still active and should be unaffected. We'll provide further updates as it becomes available to us.

Thanks for your understanding.

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

That really doesn’t help when we want to turn off a message that is no longer current!
I've Been Here Awhile

Still not fixed. It’s been 2 weeks since your reply and another a month and a half since the service went down.
I've Been Around

Are there any alternate solutions to forwarding or copying our text messages since this is down and doesn't seem to have a solution in the near future?  Thank you

Greetings Community!

I'm here with an update for you all.

We’re focused on adding the most value possible to our wireless services, and from time to time we need to make changes, including phasing out older services.

After careful consideration, due to low participation, the decision was made to discontinue the Extreme Text Messaging service as of January 10, 2018. There are apps that offer similar functionality available in your device's app store.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

Just got a message saying in part ".....Rogers Extreme Text Messaging will no loner be available as of Jan 10, 2018. Due to a technical issue with this service, you cannot make changes to your current text messaging preferences...."

I'm Here A Lot

Hi RogersCorey

Exactly which app for Android (or iOS) will take a text message and copy it to email when I am travelling and the Rogers SIM isn't in a phone that is turned on?

I'm Here A Lot

So Rogers can't fix the service they have offered for years so the easiest option was to cancel it, to heck with the people that use it.

As someone else said how do you FWD TXT's from a phone that is off while you're 1/2 way around the world?  Please Mr Rogers answer that one, we'll all be waiting.....