Can't access my Home Phone account online

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrozon
I've Been Around

Re: Can't access my Home Phone account online

I have been having trouble for a month now. Everytime I log in www.rogers.com/onlinemanager it says that the server is too busy try again later. Well it has been a MONTH and I cannot access my call forwarding which is a HUGE inconvenience as I use it daily as i am self employed and travel alot.

I have talked to a million online chat reps and they are NOT helpful at all. They keep sending me to another person and they dont know what I am talking about.

I tried calling and they said I have to go to online chat which is now useless....I am about to switch my home phone!

anyone else having this issue???

golfer99999
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe that everyone is having this problem. If you call Home Phone Support at 1-855-381-7836, they can enter the forwarding information for you. The problem is that you would have to call them each time you want to turn forwarding on or off.

This isn't what we signed up for.

jbird
I Plan to Stick Around

Does entering *72 or *73 not work from your home phone, that's what we used to do before getting the home and away feature, which of course isn't working these days?

golfer99999
I Plan to Stick Around

*72 and *73 would work, but only from your home phone. I need to access the service remotely and was told by HPS that I would have to call in to activate / deactivate or change the call forwarding number if I was at a remote location.

BobF4321
I Plan to Stick Around

I finally got tired of waiting and called Rogers support.  They said I had to use Rogers Live Chat to resolve the issue, which I did.  The Live Chat CSR acknowledged that it was a known problem, being worked on.  I said I needed the Online Manager by winter, when I'm travelling.  She said it should be back up by this winter! (sounds like they are rewriting the code?)

Then I asked about rebates for an incomplete service... she credited my account by $12 one-time, $6/month for the downtime.  If the downtime continues I will have to complain again to get additional credit... it's not automatic until the problem is solved.

At least they are listening... anyone having this problem should also ask for credit to give them some incentive to hurry up the fix.

Rosecrucian
I've Been Around

No phone

What happens when you phone goes dead and yo ugo online to find telephone support and all they give you is a number?

How do I call a number when my phone is out of service.

About what I am beginning to expect from Rogers.

Last week lost my internet for 2 days adn my phone for 1 day adn now my phone is gone again.

Looks like it's time to move.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No phone

Many of the companies are that way.  Bell is the same.. their phone support? Via a phone number 😛

Rogers does have their webchat.. but home phone is NOT covered by there.. by someone in their infinate wisdom  >.>

Only real options, are to call in vial alternative methods.

- Cell phone

- Neibours working phone

- Skype often allows 1800 numbers for free, if your net is working.

golfer99999
I Plan to Stick Around

How is it that Rogers is still advertising Home & Away Online-Manager as a calling feature of the Home Phone service, when it clearly hasn't worked for over a month now.

www.rogers.com/onlinemanager

"We are currently experiencing high levels of traffic. Please try again"

den417
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same problem with Rogers Online Manager for the last few weeks.Can't excess my phone account either.Called Rogers Tech Suppurt and they tell me that they are trying to fix the problem which I called so many times.

den417
I've Been Here Awhile

Thinking of switching providers.