Can't Game

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Can't Game

Ahh yes I forgot about the broadcom hardware acceleration used on those routers. I use an Edge Router Lite from Ubiquiti and it also has hardware acceleration but with a Cavium ASIC. QOS does not affect the accel on that device(though bridging lan ports does...different discussion). I am not doing full QOS..I am just preventing my upload from ever getting maxed out. Very basic config.

I dont have specific numbers but from a PS3 standpoint I was playing COD Ghosts for several weeks hardwired to the CGN3 and had a lot of issues with lag spikes, slow matchmaking and sometimes not finding any lobbies at all due to high pings. This was consistantly bad...and very frustrating.

There was an instant improvement when I installed the ERLite and bridged the CGN3. I mean instant. I have had zero issues since. 

The improvement was even noticable for simple web browsing from a PC.

For reference on a 250/20 connection. Rogers Speedtest with the ERLite shows 350Mbps plus with speedboost etc.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you happen to have a laptop handy, can you follow the procedure outlined by dcowan38, log into the CGN3 in Bridge mode, determine its address and then ping the CGN3 through your router to see what the result are?

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/180...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will give it a shot when I get back. Thanks again, data!