cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain flex channels?

Gypsy89
I've Been Here Awhile
So I'm all set to have Ignite installed on Tuesday. The rep I spoke with gave me basic information on it. I also read on the website and it mentions flex channels that can be switched out every 30 days. A lot of the channels listed are included in my current subscription.

I currently have the regular Popular TV package.

So do I only get to choose one flex channel per month and the others are unavailable that month?

How does Ignite compare to the current package I have? I know it's all internet based so is it going to slow my internet down considerably? Is there still a visual guide or is everything voice controlled? Will I get a pamphlet when they install?

Sorry for all of the questions lol. Technology is advancing faster than I can keep up with it.
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Can someone explain flex channels?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ianmac3  I just checked the web site that a new customer would see when signing up, and I can see how this can be confusing.

An Ignite TV package consists of a fixed set of channels, that are common to all subscribers that cannot be swapped, and a certain number of Flex Channels.

When looking at: https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/get-iptv

The "All Channels" list for a bundle lists the "fixed" channels and pre-selected Flex Channels.  However, it does not show which of those are the fixed (non-flex) channels, that cannot be swapped out, and which are Flex Channels, that can be swapped out and exchanged.

Things become a bit clearer when you look under the Channels tab: https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels

In this view, look at the column pertaining to the bundle that you are interested in.  Fixed channels, that are included in the bundle and cannot be exchanged, are shown with a check mark.

You will also see channels marked "Flex Channel" or "Flex Channel Included".  The "Flex Channel Included" channels are the default Flex Channels that Rogers pre-selects.  You can exchange any of those for a "Flex Channel" channel.

You can exchange as many Flex Channels as you want every 30 days. Once you swap channels, you need to wait 30 days before you can process another exchange.

DeezG
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @ianmac3,

Sorry I'm late to the party.  Anyway...here's my summary.

• Total Channels = Base Channels + Preselected Flex
  • Preselected Flex channels can be swapped with Available Flex
  • Although the number of base and preselected flex channels decrease with the lower-costing Ignite package, the number of available flex channels increases

Yes, the Rogers Ignite web page makes it difficult to appreciate which channels are which (base vs. PSF vs. AF). 

Darryl G
Founder Printable TVCG
Feel free to message me in this community if you have any Rogers TV channel lineup questions

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DeezG wrote:

Sorry I'm late to the party.  Anyway...here's my summary.

• Total Channels = Base Channels + Preselected Flex
  • Preselected Flex channels can be swapped with Available Flex
  • Although the number of base and preselected flex channels decrease with the lower-costing Ignite package, the number of available flex channels increases

That last point is not entirely true.  It's complicated, and you really need to look at https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels to see what is and what is not included in each bundle.

For example, Ignite Premier makes all of the Hollywood Suite channels available as Flex Channels, but these are not available in Flex 20 + Sports or in any other Ignite TV bundle; you need to subscribe to a Theme Pack to get these.

Flex 20 + Sports offers Fox Sports Racing as a Flex Channel which, last time I checked, was not available in Premier or in any other Ignite TV bundle.

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor
I don’t know why Rogers makes this so complicated (we’ll I kind of do…to obviously drive customers to the more expensive packages). They should have ONE pool of Flex channels (all Flex channels) that can be used for any tv package. The restriction should be only on the number allowed to be swapped in each of the tv packages. They shouldn’t have different pools of Flex channels for each package. This is one of the most frustrating things for Ignite customers.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the original Popular bundle had offered the same pool of Flex channels to choose from as Premier, that would have been perfect for me.

In my opinion, Flex 20 + Sports offers less value than Popular, and Premier forces me to pay more money for a ton of channels that I would not ever watch.  The other problem is that monthly prices for the bundles keeps going up but the amount of watchable content on broadcast TV keeps going down.

rbangier
I've Been Around

I tried the link you provided to look at Ignite TV channel comparison chart and it doesn't take me to that.  I looked all over the Rogers Ignite site and could not find this anywhere, yet I am positive I found it some time ago.  Is it no longer available or moved somewhere hard to find ?

Thanks

DeezG
I Plan to Stick Around

It's on this page but the tab bar (with the links you want) is partially buried and hard to see (at the top): https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/get-iptv

I noticed this yesterday and got around it by adjusting my browser zoom level (expanded it) and then hovered by the buttons.  

Darryl G
Founder Printable TVCG
Feel free to message me in this community if you have any Rogers TV channel lineup questions

DeezG
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's a screenshot:

Screen-Shot-2022-01-08-at-1.03.34-PM.jpg

Darryl G
Founder Printable TVCG

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rbangier : If you use the link in an earlier post, you should be taken directly to the page that contains the information.  (It does for me)  Link again below:

https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels 

If you use the link in the post that's two posts up, then you may be asked to input your address (in a pop-up).  A lot of IgniteTV information requires you to put in your address first because the information that comes up is specific for your address.

https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/get-iptv

If these do not work for you, you may have an issue with your browser/computer. Check out the following tips for correcting those sorts of issues.  Perhaps your popup isn't working, adblocker, VPN, etc:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One other thing: Those links may also not work as expected when you are logged into your Rogers account, either through the Community Forum or into MyRogers.  This is certainly the case if you are already an Ignite TV customer; the site assumes that you want to make changes to your service rather than look at packages and pricing as a new customer.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats