Can no longer mount usb storage on HTC one x Jb 4.1.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Can no longer mount usb storage on HTC one x Jb 4.1.1

Anyone else have the same issue? After I updated to jelly bean, and my keyboard was messed up only to be remedied by installing SwiftKey. During that process I had it downloaded on my pc first to transfer it over usb. It kept on running usb debug mode every time I connected it even though I had it disabled. Going into options > storage > usb storage the option to select it was also disabled. Ok so I thought maybe I installed the drivers wrong so I uninstalled them from the device manager, and restart and reinstalled. Still doesn't work. I googled around but only found a few cases since jb (not including custom roms) was released a little over a month ago in other countries. Any help is appreciated, and thanks. 

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Can no longer mount usb storage on HTC one x Jb 4.1.1

I encountered this problem as well.

To fix this, after much frustration, I had to do the following:

-enable USB debug mode (under Settings->Dev Options)

-reinstall HTC Sync (for necessary drivers on computer, I run Win XP still)

As the HTC sync was installing, it suddenly started to recognize my phone and i could see the entire file system.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Where did you get the HTC Sync software to reinstall? Jelly Bean seems to have removed the HTC store app.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jimbok

HTC Sync is for the computers. You will need to go on the HTC website and download and install HTC Sync onto your computer.
I've Been Here Awhile

That's odd - I never used HTC Sync before; I just connected the phone to my Linux laptop and I had the option to "charge only" or "mount as disk drive" on the phone. Now there doesn't seem to be an option to mount as a disk drive. I just have all the USB Debug options.

I don't understand why upgrading to JB on my phone would mean that I can't share it to my laptop unless there's a bug in the JB image I have installed (not custom, from the download).