Can a sim card affect the phone audio? Receiving calls/texts, but no audio

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can a sim card affect the phone audio? Receiving calls/texts, but no audio

Hello,

I have changed phones a quite a few times now because the audio would malfuction.

On one phone,  (I can't remember what, but it was old, a Nokia?) I could receive calls and texts, but sometimes would not alert if someone called.

On another phone, at first it was fine, I could hear that someone was calling/texting me, but eventually I could receive calls and texts, but it would not alert me. So, I could not hear if someone was calling and would miss the call.  I would receive the texts, but it would not give a sound. If its on vibration mode, it would not vibrate at all. (On another Nokia E5-00, those free phones that Rogers gave at that time)

So, I switched to another phone (my sister's old phone an LG Google something - the phone itself was fine, she just wanted to upgrade). Again the audio was fine, but eventually, it would not ring/alert until it just stopped ringing if someone called/texted.

Afterall that, I eventually and finally gotten a NEWER phone, because I thought it was just the old devices worn out of it use - and that THAT was the reason the audio would not work.

I now have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (not a newer generation, however still better than my old ones). Again, the audio was fine at first. However, one day I noticed someone was calling me (but it was not ringing, just vibrating - despite NOT on silent mode), I picked up, but I could NOT hear the person on the other side. Apperantly, they could NOT  hear me either!

I've done the simple turning off and on. I've done the factory reset.

After that it SEEMED fine and I was hopeful. But it did it again! In addition, I put it on vibrate mode to test the vibrate and no, it  would NOT work.

It seemed to be "fixed" if I simply turn off and on, but the fact that it keeps doing this is so dissapointing!

I've had the phone unlocked so I can use it when I go abroad. (And I'm leaving pretty soon!)

I REALLY do not want to get a new phone after JUST getting this one. I'm wondering if my SIM card is causing the audio issues? Is that even possible? 

Please, help!

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Can a sim card affect the phone audio? Receiving calls/texts, but no audio

Good afternoon @SGEG ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy

Sorry for the late reply.

I can definitely understand the inconveniences of not being notified when you receive a call or get a text message.

From the information you have provided us, it does not seem like the SIM card is faulty.

The issues described above would be device related.

You can definitely run tests, by activating a new SIM and using it with your actual phone, if you want to make sure.

Have you tried putting your SIM card in another Rogers/unlocked device?

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, logically the sim card has nothing to do with the device audio. But having the same audio problem with all my phones is either my bad luck or something that was common with all the devices (which was the sim card & the microSD).

Can an app (on the microSD) affect the audio then?
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I've had problems with my volume and ring vs. vibrate changing, but I think it was due to "pocket dialing" changing my settings when i put the phone away with the screen still active.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I do like putting my phone in my pockets, but for all the phones that I've had, having the same problems? I just don't know.

I've done another factory reset *sigh*

Just waiting to see if THIS reset fixes things.