Can Rogers Turn off Your Iphone if You have an Outstanding Balance?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can Rogers Turn off Your Iphone if You have an Outstanding Balance?

I have an outstanding balance of 400.00 dollars and they`ve contacted me a few times through messages and calls that I need to make payments in order to avoid service disruptions with my iphone.

I was intending to pay 200 this week and 200 the next (already did) and I got the messages on Monday.

My iphone is turned off and it won`t turn back on. I tried restoring it and kept getting error code 21 (my iphone is in restore mode).

My question is can they actually turn off my iphone like that to the point where I can`t turn it on rendering it completely useless?

My phone never had a problem before and I can't think of anything else than this.

Thanks, MM

***edited labels***
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Can Rogers Turn off Your Iphone if You have an Outstanding Balance?

Hello mayhany

No Rogers can NOT turn off your phone. Rogers however can suspend or cancel your account for non payment.

The phone either is not fully charged or the phone is having issues. Rogers never did anything to the phone. Read below and if you search " iPhone error 21" you will see many having the same exact issue as u.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/22296481#22296481