Can Rogers Email be used with Thunderbird 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can Rogers Email be used with Thunderbird 3?

I haven't been able to get it to work.  It works in Outlook but not TB3.  I have the server settings (pop.broadband.rogers.com port 110 & smtp.broadband.rogers.com port 587 (unsecured with password)) and have confirmed and re-confirmed, added the account, deleted the account and re-added the account - all many times.  What's the secret?  

I have a long password.  It works in Outlook but could that be the problem in TB3?

Can anyone help?  TB3 seems like a great email client with calendar and task manager add-ons but I can't get my Rogers email address to work in it.

Thanks!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Can Rogers Email be used with Thunderbird 3?

Your @rogers.com email account will work inside TB3.  What error message do you receive when you attempt to connect to the server?  The settings you have provided do look correct.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@will2:

I use TB3, but not with Rogers, as my Rogers service does not include email.  However I would be very surprised if TB did not work with Rogers email.

I suggest you ask your question in the Thunderbird "Help" website:

http://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/home

I did a quick initial scan there, but could not find any reference to password length issues.

skinorth

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Your @rogers.com email account will work inside TB3.  What error message do you receive when you attempt to connect to the server?  The settings you have provided do look correct.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for everyone's help.  The error message is related to the POP server but is truncated so I can't see any further info - just that the POP server encountred a problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

I use it with TB3. 

My only problem is the intermittent password rejection issue:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/191...