Can I use my old razr with rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can I use my old razr with rogers?

I just recently lost my iphone, my contracts up next year and in the mean time Rogers gave me the option of buying a referbished phone or paying $20 for each month till its up; $240. I have an old Razr v3c I used with Telus, can I activate this with rogers?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I use my old razr with rogers?

Hi Zigon and welcome to the forums,

You will only be able to use that device if it is unlocked. Please keep in mind we do not support unlocking non Rogers phones and cannot guarantee service on an unlocked device.

I recommend searching online or speaking with the original provider for more details.

I Plan to Stick Around

If the RAZR takes a SIM card, then you just have to unlock it (google it if you don't know what that means). If it doesn't take a SIM card, you may need to buy another GMS/SIM card phone.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

V3C RAZR is for CDMA companies like Bellus.  Rogers does not use CDMA phones on their network, even if they contain a RIUM Card slot (RUIM is a SIM card for CDMA devices)

I hate when people here ignore the OBVIUOS

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation