cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer songs from home computer to samsung galaxt s2 LTE

amandamaygard
I've Been Here Awhile

I am trying to figure out how i can transfer songs from my home computer to my Galazy S2LTE phone and i just cannot figure it out. Are you able to do that or do i have to buy every song from the rogers store?

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I transfer songs from home computer to samsung galaxt s2 LTE

WiseD
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Much like an Iphone has iTunes to assist with the transfer of data from a computer; so does the Samsung devices. For Samsung they have a free program you can download from their website called Samsung Kies. To find this download simply go to Google and search for Samsung Kies. The resulting website will allow you to download the program and also provides a tutorial for its features.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

WiseD
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Much like an Iphone has iTunes to assist with the transfer of data from a computer; so does the Samsung devices. For Samsung they have a free program you can download from their website called Samsung Kies. To find this download simply go to Google and search for Samsung Kies. The resulting website will allow you to download the program and also provides a tutorial for its features.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers!

Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around
You can just drag and drop through media player, windows explorer, etc.
I use DoubleTwist because I have iTunes playlists I want to use.

BGrant
I Plan to Stick Around

Look up Airdroid on the Google Market.  

As long as your phone is connected to the same Wifi network as the computer you want to use, this should automate everything for you without connecting any cables or installing any drivers.

Enjoy 🙂

mjsoctober
I've Been Here Awhile

As Chukee says, dragging and dropping can be very easy to do. Plug your phone in to your computer with your USB cable. On your phone you should see a message asking if you want to mount the phone, choose yes.

On your computer (I'm assuming Windows here) you should get a pop up window when the computer detects the phone has been connected. You can choose the "Open folder" option (sorry, I'm doing this from memory at the moment, it might worded a little differently). A new window should open showing all the folders on your MIcroSD memory card. Look for a folder called "Music".

You can open a separate Windows Explorer window and navigate the whereever you keep your music on your computer, and then drag and drop to the window for your phone.

As long as you put the music files in your Music folder on the phone, you should have no problem. This also assumes you are using MP3 format. If you are using iTunes to buy your music, I don't know if the Android player supports the proprietary apple MP4 file format.

Alternately you should also be able to use Windows Media Player to sync files to your phone.

With the phone connected, when you launch Windows Media Player you should see WMP detect your phone and list it as a device. In WMP there is a "Sync" tab. You can drag and drop items from your library in to the Sync window on the right side, and when you are done click the Sync button to sync those songs to the phone.

I like to rate all the music in my library on my computer as I listen to it at home. Then I can easily sort all the music by star rating, and choose to sync just my favourites by selecting only 4 and 5 star rated songs.

sonyboyj
I'm an Enthusiast
Just use windows media player

GuiGQc
I'm Here A Lot

+1 with drag and drop.

That's the big plus Android has over iOS. We don't need to install the bloatware.

It should be compatible if you're running XP, Vista or Win7.

It's not as easy as plug-and-play with Linux or Mac, but there are softwares to make it work on them too.

tobesedated2
I Plan to Stick Around
Drag and drop is easiest

shauneg
I Plan to Stick Around

Download Samsung 'Kies' software to your PC or Mac using this link:

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

It includes a video tutorial showing you every step. Simple.

sabby5525
I've Been Here Awhile

Did you ever try iSyncr ?

sabby5525
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been using iSyncr to transfer my songs from my computer to Galaxys2. I am using iTunes and sync it with my galaxy via iSyncr. (It has the option to sync the library over the wifi). This app is pretty slick, must give a try.

rgwebster
I Plan to Stick Around

connect your phone to comp with your usb cable and drag and drop to the music folder on your phone or sdcard if loaded same as you would with  a flash drive

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello rgwebster

Thank you for that!. 2 other users on Page one also gave this info too!

LudwigYoung
I've Been Here Awhile

If your phone/tablet has an SD card, there is a MUCH easier way to do this is:
1. Simply unmount your SD card on your device and then remove it
2. Plug the SD card into your computer's card reader
3. Add a folder called "Music" if one doesn't exist on the SD card
4. Move all the songs/albums you want from your Media Player library into the Music folder on the SD card (including album art)
5. Put the SD card back into your device, and your device reads the media on the SD card and you're ready to listen to all the music you just transferred.

If you don't have an SD card on your phone, you can read the guide below to transfer music from computer to Samsung galaxy phone:

How to Transfer Music from Computer to Android

Blick59
I've Been Here Awhile

The best solution to your problem is to use a windows program called MediaMonkey. It can be found here at www.mediamonkey.com  It is a freeware program, it also has a paid version with more features. Here are some of the features: Sync Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad & others, converting & leveling tracks on-the-fly. Wi-Fi Sync with MediaMonkey for Android. Share via DLNA and convert MP3s, M4A, OGG, FLAC, WMA, MP4, AVI, and WMV to support most devices.

lmchan_
I've Been Here Awhile

For those using a Mac or Macbook, I had problems "dragging and dropping" files to my android device because it doesn't recognize the SD card or device memory storage. An alternative to this is to download an application called "Airdroid." You can sync your files if your computer is on the same WiFi network as your phone through a barcode scan or my logging into an account. It's great! You can see your SMS messages through your computer and can send and receive text simultaneously on your computer instead of texting through your phone. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lmchan_

Airdroid is a EXCELLENT App!! I do highly recommend for everyone to use it!. Its simple & without any issues.
Topic Stats