Can I sell my iPhone that's under a contract?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abby
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Can I sell my iPhone that's under a contract?

Gdkitty: Thats what i thought when 4s released, but many dumping 4 when 4s sold out afterwards and 3gs and 3g went sky high value....as well right now no one is willing to pay premium for 4s, as all know why your selling and claim you will drop 1-200 after friday on listed prices......time with prove. As history repeated itwels from 3gs release and 3's and 2gs went sky high after release till stock was settled everywhere.
ahhhh1234
I've Been Around

can i sell my phone that is from rogers(but my phone got cut off for not paying, job loss. and sell it to another person who has rogers sim card. im tryig to make money to pay off my contract.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ahhhh1234

Yes you can. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to do so. Make sure tho that when doing this, you tell the person who buys it to put the IMEI number on their account. This way the person has warranty.
vanhalen26
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello.  If I sell a rogers iphone that was purchased through rogers with a subsidy, but the subsidy is now paid off and I have a new phone from rogers, can rogers transfer the ownership of the phone to a buyer and if so how is this done.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @vanhalen26

If the buyer has a Rogers account, you can always go to a Rogers store and they can remove the IMEI number from your account and add it to the buyers account.

If the buyer does not have a Rogers account, call Rogers and remove the IMEI BEFORE selling the device ( this goes for both this and if the buyer has a Rogers account) and then meet then at your local Apple store and have them add the phone on their Apple ID account.