Can I block an incoming call from a specific number on my iPhone 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jg212
I've Been Around

Can I block an incoming call from a specific number on my iPhone 3?

There is one number that calls be 3 or 4 times every single day, it's some sort of a scam, I don't pick up but was wondering if there's a way to block them so I that I don't recieve these calls at all.

Please help

Thank you community

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Chrystiality
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Can I block an incoming call from a specific number on my iPhone 3?

You can subscribe to Rogers for Call Blocking, also referred to as Call Manager... I think it's $5/mth for up to 5 numbers, but don't quote me on it Smiley Wink

Depending on the type of phone you have, you should have call blocking or call barring, which will send the call directly to voicemail (telemarketers and the like tend to just hang up). Alternatively, you could get an app from the Apple (sorry, I can't recommend any).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Chrystiality
I Plan to Stick Around

You can subscribe to Rogers for Call Blocking, also referred to as Call Manager... I think it's $5/mth for up to 5 numbers, but don't quote me on it Smiley Wink

Depending on the type of phone you have, you should have call blocking or call barring, which will send the call directly to voicemail (telemarketers and the like tend to just hang up). Alternatively, you could get an app from the Apple (sorry, I can't recommend any).

View solution in original post

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jg212 wrote:

There is one number that calls be 3 or 4 times every single day, it's some sort of a scam, I don't pick up but was wondering if there's a way to block them so I that I don't recieve these calls at all.

Please help

Thank you community

I would also check your phone settings. My phone gives me the option to block specific numbers without having to pay Rogers to subscribe to call blocking. 

geeman22
I've Been Around

Maybe your phone does - so "HOW".  In otherwords what settings do you use, or app.  I have an iphone and I know I have done this years ago but do not remember. Please remind us how it is done.

Thanks

tyoung6
I'm Here A Lot

save the number to your contacts, and assign that specific contact a "silent" ringtone.
beloud
I Plan to Stick Around

Solutions:
-subscribe to Rogers Call Manager for $5/month and that will allow you to block specific numbers
-jailbreak your iPhone and download iBlacklist app
-assign silent ringtone to the number
-change your number