Camera draining battery- S5 and 4.4.2 OS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Camera draining battery- S5 and 4.4.2 OS

Camera app is using 40% of battery, phone draining quickly..understand its an OS problem. 

Read there is a OS maintanence release available BUT not pushed out......can Rogers, Samsung help?? New phone!!!!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Camera draining battery- S5 and 4.4.2 OS

Hello toolguy

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done unless Samsung and Rogers release that update to us. Have you tried to do a factory reset on the device to see if that will temporarily fix it until the update comes out?

My S5 doesn't have issues like this. I get around 14-17hrs daily and the camera app has about 5-10% usage only when I use it or a app is using it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello toolguy

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done unless Samsung and Rogers release that update to us. Have you tried to do a factory reset on the device to see if that will temporarily fix it until the update comes out?

My S5 doesn't have issues like this. I get around 14-17hrs daily and the camera app has about 5-10% usage only when I use it or a app is using it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Expert,

I've read a factory reset doesnt always fix this issue....I'd rather not lose everything I've downloaded, set up and customized on a hunch....

Bigger question is why not send out the UPDATE to paying customers and users??? Is there a way to contact Google about this since its their OS ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Toolguy

You can always back up the device via Samsung Kies & everything will be backed up.

The update is between Google / Samsung & Rogers. It depends on who has the update & what the update needs. Also it seems that they may push that update with with the 5.0 Lollypop update. I might be wrong but it could be done that way.