Calling from a friend's phone or a public phone and having it charged to our Rogers account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Calling from a friend's phone or a public phone and having it charged to our Rogers account

Dear Rogers (or any member of the Community),

Is it possible to call from a friend's phone or a public phone and have it charged to our Rogers account? I am about to travel and would like to avoid having the long distance charges appear on my friend's phone bill.

Thanks.

Andre (Toronto)

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Calling from a friend's phone or a public phone and having it charged to our Rogers account

If you are calling your phone from a payphone or a friends phone you can make a collect call which should bill whom ever you call and not the line that your calling from.

You might also want to look into buying a cheap calling card which you can then call a 1888 or 1800 number and have your call connected for a lower rate charged off the balance on the prepaid calling card.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Calling from a friend's phone or a public phone and having it charged to our Rogers account

What you're looking for is a 3rd party billed call.  While that can be done, there needs to be someone at your phone to accept those charges.

You could probably forward calls from your phone to a cell phone, and then use the operator for a 3rd party billed call, and accept the charges wherever you forwarded your line to.

But, as stated above, a calling card would be a better option.  3rd party calls are expensive.

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.