Cable boxes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donewith
I Plan to Stick Around

Cable boxes

anybody know why Rogers supplies it`s new subscribers with old refurbished equipment that does NOT work?

***Edited labels***

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cable boxes

I guess a new subscriber ought to be entitled to brand new equipment, but it doesn't actually say that anywhere. I have a feeling there are a lot of returned NB3 boxes in the system, plus lots of NB2's from customers who upgraded. Can't see anything wrong with a refurbished box that's unmarked, but I'd certainly refuse one that's scratched and dinged, sticky and smelling of tobacco smoke.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
donewith
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually I should clarify...The 4642 they supplied was new but never worked right from the beginning, the 8642 they supplied was refurbished and all scratched and scuffed up.

Yes Roger`s does not let subscribers know they may be getting refurbished equippment but why would they be up front with customers.

I have contacted Rogers`s and asked them to supply me with 2 new units free of charge we`ll see what happens.

I am not sure if I will be any better off with new equipment the reviews here and elsewhere are pretty bad for Roger`s equipment.

If the new gear does not work then I will in all probability look into switching to a competitor...some choice!!!

My original message should have read supply subscribers with equipment that does not work!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello donewithrogers

All cable providers do this. The stores will give you what they have. They won't give every single person a new box every time they have a issue with theirs. The boxes the stores get are mostly sent to be checked for damage inside or if the casing outside is damaged ( not scratched). Although i wonder why you accepted a scratched and all box in the start and did not tell them to replace it.

The new boxes are faster and better then the old ones but some reviews say its the same. Remember its every user on their own as i own the NextBox 3.0 since the first day it came out without any problems.
donewith
I Plan to Stick Around

First appointment I had with them the guy didn`t show the second time he showed up I asked him about the used box he said that`s what he had in the truck so I had a choice...poor guy spent most of the time complaining to me how much he hated his job.LOL

All is I know neither box worked right from day one and I am tired dealing with issues and rebooting and of course listening to my wife cursing the TV.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello donewithrogers

LOL some techs do that. I honestly just ignore it haha. Yea I would be upset & tired after repeated boxes won't work & have issues.

I hope the boxes you get work for you with no issues!!

donewith
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I heard back from Rogers and they graciously offered to replace the used defective equipment with more used equipment and in all likelihood would be defective.

Looks like I will be calling to cancel perhaps their retentions people will have some else to say, not holding my breathe though!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello donewithrogers

Most likely retentions may offer you something BUT you must understand tho they can not guaranty you a new box. Its not them sending it out right? They are just reps. All they have to do is put " send customers new box" & its up to the warehouse / tech who comes over to get it & give it to you or get a refurbished one.

Hopefully retentions can help you out & either give you a new one or a box that is working.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only way to guarantee a NEW NEW box.. is to buy one outright.

(or likely be one of the first customers when a new one comes out, before any can be returned, etc).

ALL the companies are like this unfortunately.. Bell, and others.. there is no guarantee that you will get a new box.. its always out of a pool 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Even tho you buy it outright, sometimes you may receive a refurbished box. This does happen on all the carriers like me & you said. Its rare but does happen tho.

Sadly you can only hope to get a new one! 😞