Cable Service(s) Offline

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Cable Service(s) Offline

Agreed with Pauly. If your neighbours are having the same issue, get them to call in & Rogers will fix it fast. It might take a few hours but they will fix it for you guys with the more people calling it about it.

cableuser1
I'm Here A Lot

Yes all my neighbours are down too

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Then get them to contact Rogers, & complain about it. Once Rogers sees all them are calling in about the same exact issue, Rogers will speed it up & fix the issue faster.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah what meowmix said. They should call in and report it. Like any business, the more their clients are complaining about something the more likely they are to act upon it when the number of complaints increases.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A little tip when something like this happens.

Call in at the exact same time if you can arrange it. This will often get a tech out ASAP that day, In stead on the next, etc. (If it ends up being a physical problem rather than on Rogers end)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Newbie69

Unfortunately Rogers does NOT have a Outage status page. This is something we all have asked for on here, Idea Box & other places.

The only way to find out is calling in or seeing if anyone else will post something. Also they do not give ETA's

Newbie69
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Meowmix,

Appreciate the reply.

Thanks,

Newbie69

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Newbie69

You are welcome.

User149
I've Been Around

I was trying to find out about the outage too and someone told me to follow @RogersBuzz on Twitter.  They posted a tweet about the outage saying it was the Bolton area - my town.  No ETA to fix though.

User1234567
I've Been Around

I work in King and live in Bolton.  The outage ranges from  Hwy 50 to Keele and i can't remember north and south boundries.  I was told this morning that it was a damaged fibre optic cable and it could take anywhere from 8-12 hours to fix.  I have not been able to get an update since but an praying they fix it soon.  I'm using up all my cellphone data using it as a portable wifi