Cable Service(s) Offline

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cable Service(s) Offline

Where can I find status of Rogers Services?

Currently we are having a "Major Cable Outage", No internet, No Phone and No cables since morning in Vaughan (Dufferin and Rutherford intersection). Smiley Frustrated

All I get is automated recording that Rogers are having "Major Cable Outage", anyone knows something about it?

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Cable Service(s) Offline

This outage has been going on for 7 hours in my area. Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Which area are you in? Here in Scarborough, Ontario we are good & nothing is wrong

I'm Here A Lot

Northwest Mississauga...been going on since noon.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Have you contacted Rogers & asked them what is going on?

If not then i suggesting doing it. They will know more then we do.

I'm Here A Lot

Yup, I've contacted them several times. They admit the outage, but won't say what's wrong or when they expect it fixed.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That does sound like Rogers. Seeing as they already said something is going on, just wait it out. If by tomorrow they do not bring it up, call & speak to a Manager at cable & see what they will say. The only thing i suggest is just watch a few movies threw DVD or computer for the time being until Rogers brings back Cable in your area.

Sometimes they might be fixing something & the reps wont know because the tech do not say what it is.

I was without cable for 1 day. Nothing really bad.

I'm Here A Lot

It's not a big, deal, but I was counting on watching the baseball game. This also took out my internet, which uses rogers cable to get to my house. It would be nice if they did give some type of explanation and estimated ETA. That would be the least they could do.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I do agree that they should be able to give a explanation or a ETA but remember, sometimes if they give you a ETA & they can not make it due to something else, you will get mad right? So they play it safe & do not give a ETA.

The explanation like i said it could be for many reasons why they are not giving it out, but at least they should have told you said something i do agree

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it sounds like you are in the Meadowvale neighbourhood of mississauga?

I am very close to you ie; streetsville/east credit and no problems here. Do your neighbours also have the same problem? They should call and report it as well, the more the people report the outage, I find they fix it faster.